Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 04:37 PM

Re: Sajid Javid - Saviour or Self-Serving?

Originally Posted by fender ->
By my ancestors maybe, but not by me or anyone else I know.
History is just that and should not be continually dredged up for ever more. Many of these places are their own worst enemies. We should be looking after our own people / country as a priority.
I agree fender! We cannot change history but everybody knows that circumstances change & they can't expect today's people to pay for what their forefathers did.
If these immigrants are so unhappy with their own countries, perhaps they should be risking their lives to establish changes there, rather than risking them to come here, in unsafe boats,and expecting the British people to provide for them!
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I agree fender! We cannot change history but everybody knows that circumstances change & they can't expect today's people to pay for what their forefathers did.
If these immigrants are so unhappy with their own countries, perhaps they should be risking their lives to establish changes there, rather than risking them to come here, in unsafe boats,and expecting the British people to provide for them!
Exactly, but they run away instead (ensuring of course they take their begging bowls with them)
In many of these places the issues are always someone else's fault - never theirs.
Take Iraq for example. Once Saddam was removed (whom they all despised) - how long did it take before the internal factions started fighting each other again?
These places are beyond help and hope, they have a built in self destruct button.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 04:50 PM

Don't know whether you are a mother twink. But if you see your children starving, you are prepared to make a long journey to bring them to a country where they are safe and cared for. If you cannot accompany them (only enough money to pay for the fare of your kids) you send them, hoping for the best.
Arriving in britain they are economic immigrants. But can you blame a mum for trying to provide her children with a future?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 04:54 PM

Exactly, but they run away instead (ensuring of course they take their begging bowls with them)
In many of these places the issues are always someone else's fault - never theirs.
Take Iraq for example. Once Saddam was removed (whom they all despised) - how long did it take before the internal factions started fighting each other again?
These places are beyond help and hope, they have a built in self destruct button.
How long have the irish been fighting each other. Even now a backstop is necessary to prevent them from going at each other's throats again. So take care of the problems in your own house before blaming others.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
How long have the irish been fighting each other. Even now a backstop is necessary to prevent them from going at each other's throats again. So take care of the problems in your own house before blaming others.
What are you on about?
My point is that we shouldn't be interfering in other countries - especially the ME. We should leave them to it, and that includes cutting all foreign aid.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

05-01-2019, 05:00 PM

Don't know whether you are a mother twink. But if you see your children starving, you are prepared to make a long journey to bring them to a country where they are safe and cared for. If you cannot accompany them (only enough money to pay for the fare of your kids) you send them, hoping for the best.
Arriving in britain they are economic immigrants. But can you blame a mum for trying to provide her children with a future?
Load of cobblers. They use the odd woman and child as propaganda and a tear jerker for the bleeding hearts. They are nearly always young fit men coming over.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

05-01-2019, 05:12 PM

What are you on about?
My point is that we shouldn't be interfering in other countries - especially the ME. We should leave them to it, and that includes cutting all foreign aid.
The subject of discussion was the fighting among different groups in a country, making people (men and women with children) flee for sanctuary. You condemned the fighting, I show you that the same kind of fighting is within your house.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

05-01-2019, 05:23 PM

The subject of discussion was the fighting among different groups in a country, making people (men and women with children) flee for sanctuary. You condemned the fighting, I show you that the same kind of fighting is within your house.
Except nothing like on the same scale..
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 06:47 PM

No I am not a mother, but if I was I would certainly not put my children on unsafe boats where they are likely to drown! If my children were starving in my own country I would seek help in the first safe country I could reach, not walk across Europe to get them to the UK. If they are seeking asylum why did they not seek it in all the other countries they have traveled through, including France]
Let me ask, if Brexit fails and British children are starving, how many ME countries would offer us food and a place to live?
Why not ask yourself why there are lots of young men in those boats who have left their wives and children in these awful countries?
Britain gives enough in foreign aid to needy people, and it is time we stopped and looked after our own!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 06:53 PM

I do agree about past history but we didn't see all this until blair and USA went in and stirred it all up really and sadly that was on our watch. Someone mentioned saddam earlier as being despised, well he was by many but also many appreciated him being a strong leader who protected them. Same with Assad, monster obviously but he was strong enough to run a country where all religions were safe as long as they didn't threaten him he was a leader they admired.

We have stirred a lot of trouble that was laying dormant, should never have gone in at all.

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top