Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2016, 11:16 PM

Re: Salmon Jumping

Originally Posted by lovemyboys ->
Fantastic pictures are they not LMB.

Perhaps one day I may get to finish this thread
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2016, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
Fantastic pictures are they not LMB.

Perhaps one day I may get to finish this thread
Yep they are indeed!

No need to finish the thread - there will always be more great pictures!
Gianetta
US
Gianetta is female  Gianetta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2016, 11:44 PM

Oh LOOK this little bird! So beautiful he is! And he is also a very good fisherman! He get 3 fish at one time! Beautiful picture! xo
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2016, 09:36 PM

I hadn't realised there was a fishing thread until I saw the link on another thread.

I'm a very keen angler, though I get little time on the bank these days.

I enjoy specimen fishing, carp, pike and barbel in the main.

Shropshire is one of my favourite areas, can't remember the lake I used to fish but I know it's just outside the village of Bomere Heath.

The Severn at Iron Bridge for the Barbel was quite good though I preferred The Upoar Severn at Leighton Bridge.

I'll be following this thread with interest.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2016, 10:36 PM

Hi Tpin

Well if you were a member of Prince Albert, that would have been the Isle Pool and Leighton Bridge would have been the one next to the Gypsy Site on the back road into Welshpool.

Not far from the Isle Pool is Fenemere, which was 20 years ago home to Pinky and Perky, two carp both over 40lbs.

Leighton Bridge I used to fish early mornings on my way to work, but only for the salmon, in the pool just below the bridge.

The run above the bridge has some fantastic grayling in it, many over the 2lb mark and the odd 3lb fish.

Duke will probably throttle me for this, but I used worms for the salmon and a stickfloat and four pints of red maggots when I went after the grayling.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2016, 12:00 AM

I was a member of Prince Albert many years ago but let my membership go.

The lake at Bomere Heath is relatively new(10 years or less)and privately owned day ticket water.

The Severn is by far my favourite river, closely followed by the Trent and Avon.

My carp fishing, in recent years has been in France at Rainbow Lakesand Rushes Lake.

I must promise myself some bank time soon.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2016, 04:30 PM

Good to see you guys on the thread, good to see my pictures are back also.

Will catch up later guys.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2016, 06:53 PM

Good to see you guys on the thread, good to see my pictures are back also.

Will catch up later guys.
Are they on Photobucket Mike , they have been having problems on PB of late and were down most of yesterday .I understand some people lost their photographs .
Cosmos
UK
Cosmos is female  Cosmos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 12:20 AM

Hi LMB

Nice to get your post. My intention when I first married was to move to Canada for a better outdoor life. Alas the Mother-in-Law would have none of it.
Watched a TV prog a few weeks back, fishing on a lake in North Canada. Only fished for a few weeks each year due to being iced over but what magic. Total silence the only sign of man in one week was the vapor trail of one high flying plane. The fishing was amazing indeed and the only watchers were the odd bear and Deer that came down to the waterside.

That is what I call a holiday, alas when fit the money for such things was not there.

A Fisherwoman here , Great pictures Duke......as i am also lucky enough to live by the south downs, I have fished with hubby at most of the rivers, and Lakes in the area......
By the Way Duke......Did you manage to catch a Muskie in Canada, they say, you can pull them in weighing 70 lb..
dukeofearl
south coast uk

31-01-2016, 06:29 PM

Hi All

Thanks Meg....I believe the first pictures have returned , which I am pleased about.

Hi Guys..envy you guys with good fishing and the legs to do it with. Alas I have not been for two years plus, which is rather heart-breaking for me. Really not sure if I will go again but who can say never again. Shame the club "Tench Lake" closed due to algae. Unlike you young guys I was raised on Bernard Venables and his Mr Crabtree. You may remember , the start of the season, the glorious June 16th arriving at the still lakeside at 5am , a day reserved for Tench fishing, the Doctor Fish and the heart pounding as the bubbles rose around the float and it cocked slightly to gently slide away, magic. Strange also how Summer mornings were always Summer and warm and the evenings the same while "Compton" was taking the crease and we all held our breath. Now you guys don't know what I am talking about.

And Cosmos great to have you here, a lady angler who is local. Not sure where but I have spent a lifetime ruing the fact that I never lived in Hampshire close to the magical chalk streams. Never mind in younger days I could drive to Christchuch and fish in a day, some hope in today's rate race.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top