Join for free
Page 20 of 20 « First < 10 18 19 20
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 02:30 PM

Re: Read This And Tell Me , You Are Still Against Hanging.....

Judicial retribution is not revenge .
It's the consequence of wrong doing.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Too true UJ we can't make revenge our form of justice.
I could.
CailinRua
The High Coast
CailinRua is female  CailinRua has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2016, 08:31 PM

I believe in the death penalty and am of the opinion it should be reinstated. And that's all I'm going to say on the matter.
senile1
Virginia,USA
senile1 is male  senile1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2016, 07:03 PM

Whilst I agree capital punishment may not be a deterrent to crime, it sure cures the over crowding problems present in the prison system. A murderer is always at danger of committing another murder, lest they remain shackled and kept in isolation. When one without provocation takes the life of another they should not only forfeit their freedom and their rights, but also their life.
Anna B
Norfolk
Anna B is female  Anna B has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2016, 10:56 PM

If this has already been said I apologise.

No matter whether one wants a return of capital punishment here or whether one does not want it doesn't matter .. because it will not be returned.
It is a condition of EU membership that we do not have capital punishment.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2016, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Anna B ->
I
No matter whether one wants a return of capital punishment here or whether one does not want it doesn't matter .. because it will not be returned.
And if we left the EU?

Personally I believe and hope it will never be returned.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2016, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Anna B ->
If this has already been said I apologise.

I believe it may return.

For one thing, the days of the EU are numbered.

For another, evil crimes such as murder seem to be on the increase and prisons are becoming ever more crowded.

The do-gooders and prison reform lobby have had their way for decades now and look what has happened. People are getting fed up with the increasingly lenient 'punishments' that are being handed down to criminals.

For that reason, I foresee an increase in vigilantism and people taking the law into their own hands, not that I necessarily agree with that sort of thing. But if such things become sufficiently prevalent I think the authorities are going to have to do something to counteract them.

Page 20 of 20 « First < 10 18 19 20

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top