Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 11:48 AM

Religious stampede in Jerusalem !!

Forty crushed to death and hundreds injured during Jewish religious
festival!
Reports suggest a gathering of tens of thousands degenerated
into a stampede in Jerusalem yesterday causing the army to be
called in to restore order !!
Who would believe religious people could behave so. ??

Donkeyman! 👎🤔🤔👎
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 11:51 AM

Re: Religious stampede in Jerusalem !!

So very tragic.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by RJG ->
So very tragic.
Self inflicted RJG !!
especially during a pandemic ??
Looks like God has forsaken them ?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 12:07 PM

It is still tragic.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Forty crushed to death and hundreds injured during Jewish religious
festival!
Reports suggest a gathering of tens of thousands degenerated
into a stampede in Jerusalem yesterday causing the army to be
called in to restore order !!
Who would believe religious people could behave so. ??

Donkeyman! 👎🤔🤔👎
Not even close to what has taken place. Firstly it was the first religious celebration since relaxation of Lockdown and being Lag B'Omer (Google it) and is a bit of a knees up. In this case a limit on the number of attendees had been set but many more attended (10x?) but with all the kerfuffle someone slipped over and people all around slipped and panic resulted. There are so far unsubstantiated stories emerging of shots having been fired that started the panic which I would be inclined to believe. Jewish people are not greatly liked by many people sharing OUR homeland.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by RJG ->
It is still tragic.
I agree it is tragic, but I think that any religious festival should have been cancelled if so many people were likely to attend, so soon after them getting Covid under good control!
At Christmas in the UK, people were given a little more freedom but not enough to allow huge numbers of deaths, as may have happened if people were given total freedom too soon!

I know that people enjoy religious celebrations & everyone wants to be part of it...but if it was so important somebody should have placed restrictions on how many people could attend. What is the point of gathering to celebrate & then dying or being badly injured because too many people attended & were crushed?

I don't follow any religion but, if I did, I am sure I would not have put my well being at risk just to attend a celebration where such large numbers were likely to attend, especially so soon after fear of a life threatening pandemic had occured
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 01:03 PM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-56938657

According to the Times of Israel, organisers estimated that 100,000 people arrived on Thursday night, with more due on Friday.
Who permitted that size of gathering in the middle of a worldwide pandemic .....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-56938657

Who permitted that size of gathering in the middle of a worldwide pandemic .....
Lockdowns had been ended in Israel.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Lockdowns had been ended in Israel.
Hasn't Israel vaccinated most if not all of its population even more efficiently than the UK?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

30-04-2021, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Hasn't Israel vaccinated most if not all of its population even more efficiently than the UK?
Indeed.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top