Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2014, 03:41 AM

Re: Bit of a Bu...er

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
Jackie's right, hockey players in NA get paid millions of dollars & sometimes have 3-5 year contracts. They do great the 1st year, slide the rest of the time, still getting paid or perhaps traded, same story all over again. Idiots still pay money to see the Toronto Maple Leafs & they certainly are not the glory team they were decades ago. Toronto must have the biggest diehard fans ever! The owners, advertisers, players are rich as hell but don't deliver to the fans that pay their wages, in a sense.
Oi! You can't go calling hockey fans idiots!
We're big supporters of the Vancouver Canucks.
They screw up, often, but they're still our team.
Some respect please!
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2014, 09:49 AM

Suburb game last night and many other great games being played by reputed no-hopers.
England take a staff of 80 (including players ) and all the special expensive equipment and get turned over by a country with the lowest population in the contest, a mere one third of that of London.
Still if football keeps the eternal tripe like East Enders, Coronation Street and Emerdale, which has blighted the brains of millions since the dawn of the known world off our screens...three cheers for football and leggy female tennis players.
Margoletta
France
Margoletta is female 

22-06-2014, 10:48 AM

I don't like football, but I imagine people who really do, will still enjoy watching a good match even if their country isn't involved anymore.

What does irritate me is that the TV fare put on for non-footy lovers seems to be really old films and blasted RomComs. I might be a woman and I might not like footy, but it doesn't mean I like ruddy ROM com's..
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2014, 10:59 AM

You tell 'em lady!
I happen to love sports, except basketball.
And boy, do they love to broadcast basketball. And golf. Over and over and over.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2014, 11:57 AM

Darts is where it is at.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2014, 01:01 PM

No it isn't
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2014, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Margoletta ->
I don't like football, but I imagine people who really do, will still enjoy watching a good match even if their country isn't involved anymore.

What does irritate me is that the TV fare put on for non-footy lovers seems to be really old films and blasted RomComs. I might be a woman and I might not like footy, but it doesn't mean I like ruddy ROM com's..
Couldn't have put it better myself!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2014, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
I was wondering, not that I do wonder much about football, except why? Anyway, I wondered if the footballers in other countries get paid extortionate amounts like ours?

I did tell one of my neighbours that his flags looked a bit droopy yesterday...

I was reading only two days ago that Lionel Messi gets 85,000 million euros a season, plus another almost 30 million euros in promotions, appearances etc. So presumably others get similar or more. Obscene sums, in my opinion, for kicking a ball up and down a pitch.
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2014, 02:40 PM

I have noticed with our professional footballers..when they are interviewed they seem unable to string a sentence together..

Thank god for their feet..
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2014, 06:31 PM

If a man like David Beckham a second string player can generate say four hundred million pounds a year in income total for clubs and business , how much is he worth per week in return? Peanuts as he cannot talk posh or a salary reflecting the financial growth he makes for others?

Same with film stars.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top