Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2014, 07:31 PM

Re: Boring places

Originally Posted by Stella H ->
There is a place just a few miles from us (we leave by the sea) called Southwold. It is extremely posh and upmarket. The beach huts there cost as much as a house. It's so posh that some of the locals didn't even want an ice-cream van around or a chippie. It is the most boring seaside resort ever.
I thought Southwold was charming and unspoilt.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2014, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
I thought Southwold was charming and unspoilt.
It's a bit like beauty really isn't it ? both are in the eye of the beholder. Many places I think of as quite lovely I have heard people saying how boring they are !
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2014, 07:39 PM

I always think that Barnsley looks a boring place. I'm sure the folk that live there won't think so but it never looks very attractive as we drive through.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2014, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It's a bit like beauty really isn't it ? both are in the eye of the beholder. Many places I think of as quite lovely I have heard people saying how boring they are !
I suppose that we see the loveliness and unspoilt beauty of a place when we visit, but maybe these places are boring to those who live there.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2014, 07:48 PM

I have never found any place 'boring', there is always something to interest me be it buildings/parks/churches.
A lot can be learnt from reading gravestones, I once came upon that of a sea Captain who survived the devastating 1883 eruption of Krakatoa .

The kind of place I find boring is where I am 'captive' like queuing in a shop.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2014, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I have never found any place 'boring', there is always something to interest me be it buildings/parks/churches.
A lot can be learnt from reading gravestones, I once came upon that of a sea Captain who survived the devastating 1883 eruption of Krakatoa .

The kind of place I find boring is where I am 'captive' like queuing in a shop.
I'm inclined to agree, Meg. But finding a place boring is perhaps more a reflection on the observer's need to be entertained than on the place itself. I've been to places which are bleak in many ways but there is always something to see or observe.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2014, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Deepwater ->
I'm getting a little bored now, to many old folk here.
You probably have no idea how funny that remark is - the misspelling changes the whole meaning.

Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2014, 11:37 PM

indeed it does and could be applicable!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2014, 04:57 AM

seems like the sort of thread where you could upset people easily, talking about their town, so here goes. I once lived a few miles from a small ancient salt town built on a hillside and its own river running past, called Northwich in Cheshire. In the late 50's a bustling, vibrant little place with a dozen pubs running from the bottom of the hill to the top and all bursting to the rafters on a sat night.

Went back 40 yrs later and it was dead it was like walking through a film making site when all the actors had gone home. 70% of all shops closed and most of the pubs - a perfect example of how the history of England can be lost through 'almighty progress' RIP Northwich of my youth!

how do ya put tears on here!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2014, 07:32 AM

The Channel Tunnel.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top