Join for free
Page 324 of 754 « First < 224 274 314 322 323 324 325 326 334 374 424 > Last »
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2018, 04:13 PM

Re: Over 50's Club Scotland (part 3)

Originally Posted by May ->
Aye,you're right there,the media are full of it...Davidson and Leonard must be jumping up & down with glee...could be the downfall of the Party..let's hope not..Politics is a dirty game altogether.
It won’t be the end of the party but we could fo without it right enough. The right dominated media will have a field day. The old Chinese curse “may you live in interesting times” is truer now than any time in my lifetime. On a lighter note, another one of my granddaughters quotes-
Abi - do you know what waves are made off?
Me- no
Abi - elephant farts!

MAkes sense to me. O
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 09:32 AM

Good morning Each from a dull wet Glasgow,glad I managed to get the grass in the back garden cut yesterday Afternoon,

I'm sick of reading/hearing/talking about Politics,so giving it all a miss as it's just too depressing...Have a good Sunday Folks and I'll see You later..maybe.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 10:34 AM

Morning I agree May, it's getting to the YAWN stage now. Let them get on with it, I've said all I intend to say on the subject and their bile won't make me change my view.
Rain Rain and more Rain here this morning, Himself is chuffed as the ground needs it but I'm not looking forward to a wet walk with Dageus. Think I'll head to Dunnet Forest as there will be a bit of shelter in there.
Have a good day.
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 10:44 AM

Good morning from an extremely soggy Callander! But still the tourists come in droves! There are two caravan sites on the edge of town, but we get endless patrols of motor homes trolling up and down all of the residential streets looking for somewhere free to park. The council have put up ‘No overnight parking’ signs in all the car parks! But they appear to be totally ignored!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 09:41 AM

Good Morning Each,still piddling down here and chilly so had to put the heating on until I had My shower,porridge,and mug of hot tea,

My youngest Sis' lives in Berwick Upon Tweed and hates the holiday makers who pass Her house in Their thousands every summer to get to the large caravan park there,….the price which has to be paid for choosing to live in a Tourist area FM...Winter is on its way so Berwick UT & Callander will soon be quiet again
FridgeMagnet
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 10:54 AM

We once considered getting a motor home but they seem to be too much of a liability!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

28-08-2018, 10:09 AM

Good morning Each,a bit dull and dreich here but hung the washing out on the line anyway...I'm an optimist Ye ken

Many years ago My late Husband and I were considering getting a Motorhome,well that's what I wanted,but He wanted a wee cabin cruiser,so that's what We got and it was berthed at Balloch,unfortunately it was only used for 2 years before He became ill,but They were the happiest times just chug chugging up and down the Loch,fab'

Hope You like My new avatar..My response to having a post deleted
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 03:36 PM

Afternoon All Just woken up from a deep sleep and feel a bit better for it. Went to the pool as usual to do my lengths and came home knackered, just had to go and lie down again. Heading off to the Beach with Dageus and the ball n lunger as I don't feel like walking, will sit on ma seat above the beach and chuck the ball for him to chase. Gross, I hate feeling wiped out like this.

Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

29-08-2018, 02:41 PM

Afternoon All Back on the ball today, got all 3 lawns cut, and lots of cutting stuff back and started to tidy the greenhouse. Need a coffee though so am in for a wee break. Been a lovely day for working outside so didn't want to waste it. Just glad Himself didn't shout me to help him out and I had peace to get on with what I wanted.
FridgeMagnet

29-08-2018, 02:45 PM

When I moved up to Scotland 4 years ago. One of the things I definitely didn’t miss about London was the constant dusk til dawn fire/police/ambulance sirens. All day long! Now suddenly, particularly during the tourist season. It’s almost just as bad up here in Callander! The A84 that runs though the town is a single lane, very winding road with lots of beautiful distracting scenery all around. And almost every day now we get the same familiar noise as the emergency services rush to another incident.

Page 324 of 754 « First < 224 274 314 322 323 324 325 326 334 374 424 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top