Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
PhilipM
Wales, UK
PhilipM is male  PhilipM has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2016, 02:46 PM

Windws LiveMail Calendar

I use several Windows computers - at present a Windows 8.1 Desktop PC and a Windows 10 Notebook - and until recently Windows Calendar would synchronise automatically between them and my Windows Smartphone. This was useful as I keep my appointments diary on it nowadays and so I could enter stuff on any of the equipment and it would automatically update everywhere else. On reading a newspaper computer page I discover that, without any notification, LiveMail is being run down by Microsoft and Calendar is to be used for the Calendar application. My email still works for the time being.

Windows Calendar does update but turns out to be another horrible blobby touchscreen orientated program which the current management of Microsoft seems mad keen on. Long Live the Mouse!!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2016, 02:53 PM

Re: Windws LiveMail Calendar

Agree with you there, hate touch screens.
PhilipM
Wales, UK
PhilipM is male  PhilipM has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2016, 07:46 PM

Thanks for that. And if Microsoft does discontinue LiveMail I gather the solution retaining all the features may be its paid for " Outlook " business mail program.
PhilipM
Wales, UK

12-08-2016, 07:54 PM

I've just found this which says it's free. I will investigate. Don't you hate it when people change things for the sake of it particularly not telling you in advance. I expect this will be touch screen orientated also?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/outlook-com/
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2016, 07:58 PM

Article in the Guardian here, but I am still confused! https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...dows-live-mail
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2016, 11:23 PM

I'm on Windows 10 Home Edition and the supplied Windows calendar (which I don't use) is mouse/keyboard entry and very similar to Google calendar (which I do use) - it looks like it's integrated with Windows email, too.

At the Windows Store there are other free calendars, including One Calendar (see attached).

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	One Calendar.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	1618  
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2016, 11:56 PM

My Google Calendar syncs with my Android phone. I don't know about Windows phones, though.
PhilipM
Wales, UK

13-08-2016, 02:59 PM

I've had a better look at the free Outlook and it seems as expected blobby and very limited in features - what a Guardian computer columnist calls " sandboxed "! It would not even import previous contacts from LiveMail and when I searched in help about that it said that the desktop and paid for ( £120 ) version would do all that. Of course what they would realy like is to get all the serious and desktop users onto the Cloud subscription based Office 365 which I can see provides a reliable and increasing income stream for Microsoft and enables them to rule the world for ever and ever!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England

13-08-2016, 05:25 PM

Time for revolution, marching boots are ready, not beer used much this year, only Tolpuddle Festival last month.
PhilipM
Wales, UK

13-08-2016, 06:32 PM

Well said Purwell. I've never been to Tolpuddle Festival myself but I've known people in the Labour Party who have.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top