Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
billclay
west Yorkshire
billclay is male  billclay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 07:29 PM

Bedtime routine.

My bedtime routine is getting to be a bit of a marathon. First I take out the dog for a short walk, then make sure the car is locked, then make sure the doors and windows are secure, I switch off appliances and unplug them, an old friend who was a fire officer told me years ago that if an appliance is unplugged then it is still live and a potential fire hazard, except the fridge of course, make sure the dog has plenty of water, take all my tablets, make sure no lights are left on, ensure that kitchen taps are fully turned off, we are on a water meter, rub my sore knee with a special gel so it doesn`t hurt so much (Seems to be working), after all that I`m very much ready for bed. What's your night time routine.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 07:36 PM

Re: Bedtime routine.

Goodness Bill you are worse than me with your checking
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 07:40 PM

Similar but theres two of us so we share the tasks
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 07:55 PM

Dogs out for last wee, make sure Steven has remembered his tablets, help Nathan make up the sofa for his bed, check Grace is covered up and asleep, dogs bedtime biccies, glass of water for me during the night check windows are open and then bed to read for an hour before hopefully sleeping.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 08:04 PM

I don't have a bedtime routine really,the doors are locked before I settle down for the Evening,and the only things I unplug are the kettle,toaster, microwave,and treadmill,all the rest of the appliances like phones/table lamps/cooker/washing machine/dishwasher/radio are left plugged in..no tablets to take or wee doggies to walk,and the only stuff I rub on is My moisturiser (when I remember)...Have sweet dreams Tonight Everyone ;~)
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 08:41 PM

Lol I never really thought about this before..
I turn of the laptop and tv put the landline phone in its charger then let the dog out and while shes out I take my tablets and brush my teeth...let the dog in and lock the door ,turn out the lights and head upstairs with my mobile phone (its my alarm) thats my bedtime routineand hopefully after all that I have a good nights sleep.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 08:53 PM

I bypass all the hassle. I clean my teeth and go to bed. With luck, I've remembered to lock the door, car etc... if not, I'll do that in the morning.... if I remember. I never switch off or unplug anything because then I'd have to plug it in and switch it on again.

Sometimes I read, sometimes I don't.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 08:57 PM

Most nights it's turn telly off, switch off the extension tower beside my chair, turn light off, crawl into bed!
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 09:05 PM

Switch off the tele,make sure dishes are dry & put away in the kitchen,used to put dog out while doing this ,but no longer have him,check doors are locked,have my inhaler, take up my glasses and book ,come down ,clean teeth ,go to the loo, get glass of water to take up,check doors [ again], call the cat,go up to bed,put some cat treats in a bowl on bedroom floor for her, put out clean clothes for morning then get into bed and read a while
countrygirl
West Midlands
countrygirl is female  countrygirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 09:28 PM

While watching TV off comes the make-up. Then a wash and into my jim-jams and dressing gown. Night cream goes on next, plus hand cream and, sadly, painkilling gel on my knee. Malted hot drink next. Hubby takes out the dog while I go and clean my teeth. Dog gets into his bed, I stroke him and tell him I love him! Next, I make sure his water bowl is topped up. A few stretches to relax my neck and shoulders and it's into bed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top