Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 03:43 AM

Re: Those three little words

Originally Posted by Deborah2307 ->
March 2nd 2015,by my husband he couldnt say it but he mouthed it. He died on March 5th. For the previous 10 years he would phone me every morning at work to check I was ok and he always told me he loved me. I miss that so much.

Wonderful and I envy you so very much ... hugs

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
As mentioned in other posts, our

parents never said it to us but we knew they did love us. These days, it can sound quite flippant when we say 'Love You' at the end of a phone call or when someone is leaving your company. I think it all started in the 1990's when we all started hugging each other and kissing each other. Now it's the norm!
I think the 'flippancy' has its place and should not be overlooked or derided.
Better to say it than never say at all ...

Ploppy and Mups ... I love you both

Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->

Ploppy and Mups ... I love you both

Rachel, if you love me half as much as I love you.........
then.......
I love you twice as much as you love me.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
Rachel, if you love me half as much as I love you.........
then.......
I love you twice as much as you love me.

Don't believe a word of it Rachel, or I shall worry about you. He said he loved me earlier. Philanderer.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Don't believe a word of it Rachel, or I shall worry about you. He said he loved me earlier. Philanderer.
That's quite alright
I am a thoroughly confused person ... and I love everyone

xxxxxxxx
billclay
west Yorkshire
billclay is male  billclay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Aah, that's lovely Bill.

Humphrey Bogart was reported to have once said:

"I was born when you kissed me.
I died when you left me.
I lived a few weeks while you loved me."

I wonder who it was he felt that way about?
Wonder if it was Lauren Bacall Mups.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 08:37 PM

Many many years ago when my son was little [45 now]My husband didnt believe in saying it , he felt that by doing things for me showed it [ [its 20 years since he passed away ]
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 09:59 PM

I think there's alot of men like that deylon, and personally I think it's quite sad they can't say those words.
billclay
west Yorkshire
billclay is male  billclay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2015, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Many many years ago when my son was little [45 now]My husband didnt believe in saying it , he felt that by doing things for me showed it [ [its 20 years since he passed away ]
Thats very sad Deylon, he obviously couldn`t bring himself to say it a and i feel it would have meant so much to you.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

04-12-2015, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by billclay ->
Thats very sad Deylon, he obviously couldn`t bring himself to say it a and i feel it would have meant so much to you.
I can relate to this.
We never said it except for a couple of times.

These 'unfathomable' emotions either become too important to voice 'willy nilly' ... or maybe, if used frequently, they lose impact ? dunno ... 'tis tricky

To sum up. I believe we were too honest to express our feelings in case the next day we didn't feel the same way. Shy individuals really do put too much thought into things IMO and looking back, I think we should have just 'gone for it'

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top