Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2015, 07:07 PM

Re: Freeview channel 81

[QUOTE=Patsy;772529]Jem - I must try and get this channel
We have a sky dish here but I don't subscribe to Sky, will I be able to get channel 81 ?

You don’t have to subscribe to anyone Patsy, once the dish is there and facing the usual satellite (Astra 28) it should be no problem, just run a lead from the dish into a Satellite receiver box and then into the TV. If you haven't got a sat box good Satellite boxes can be bought for 50 or 60 quid, they all work off any dish.
The weeks listings for Talking Pictures is on they're website just google-talking pictures tv.
Beki
Edinburgh, Scotland
Beki is female  Beki has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2015, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Beki ->
It is on channel 8. Maybe retuning will pick it up for you. I retune mine every now & again as there are sometimes new channels introduced & will not show if they are not on your play list. Channel 100 gives more information on Freeview.
Apologies. I have just come back to the thread & note that I mistyped '81' as '8'. Sorry for the confusion!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2015, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Beki ->
Apologies. I have just come back to the thread & note that I mistyped '81' as '8'. Sorry for the confusion!
Lol ... easily done

The other thing I have not mentioned thus far is that you can manually allocate your channels and their numbers.

If you really like the stuff on 81 you can always move it to another number to save trying to put in double numbers.

Hope that makes sense. In other words move it to 6 or something easy.
Look at your manual or online
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2015, 07:25 PM

[QUOTE=Jem;772686]
Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Jem - I must try and get this channel
We have a sky dish here but I don't subscribe to Sky, will I be able to get channel 81 ?

You don’t have to subscribe to anyone Patsy, once the dish is there and facing the usual satellite (Astra 28) it should be no problem, just run a lead from the dish into a Satellite receiver box and then into the TV. If you haven't got a sat box good Satellite boxes can be bought for 50 or 60 quid, they all work off any dish.
The weeks listings for Talking Pictures is on they're website just google-talking pictures tv.
We're considering a HD recorder Jem, should get it through that - be after Christmas now
I look forward to seeing it as I had a look at the listings and suits me just fine
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2015, 07:45 PM

Yes a HD recording receiver box is ideal Patsy. You like the old films too so talking pictures is right up your street, it's a 24 hours non stop channel. Happy watching then in the new year.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2015, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Yes a HD recording receiver box is ideal Patsy. You like the old films too so talking pictures is right up your street, it's a 24 hours non stop channel. Happy watching then in the new year.
Thank you Jem
billclay
west Yorkshire
billclay is male  billclay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2015, 08:19 PM

Thanks for all your replies, i spoke to some of the store salespeople at various electrical retailers and they all told me the same thing, that i would need a television with HD and freeview, they also told me that freeview is constantly updating, so to get the new channels i would have to have a new TV set.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2015, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by billclay ->
Thanks for all your replies, i spoke to some of the store salespeople at various electrical retailers and they all told me the same thing, that i would need a television with HD and freeview, they also told me that freeview is constantly updating, so to get the new channels i would have to have a new TV set.
******* ... they WOULD say that.

Just tried my old (bedroom) TV and I can find channel 80 but not 81.

My new TV is a couple of years old and channel 81 is there.

I do not subscribe to Sky or anything.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2015, 10:25 PM

Well I've just retuned my Freeview and have channel 82 but not 81!

And yes it is an HD telly. Tis not that old. Will try the one in the bedroom later. I even tried manual but that channel number wouldn't even appear.

Now going off to sulk.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2015, 10:47 PM

I have re tuned our 4 year old Samsung TV and we now get channel 81

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top