Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 11:28 AM

Re: Left Wing Right Wing Madness

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
What happened in the original in/out vote on joining the EEC was those that didn't vote were considered to be in favour.
For me if I did not vote then I have no right to criticise any party in power
Some of us never voted because we were too young time IMO for us to have a say.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Azz
I think I've seen it all, but maybe I haven't - what are the craziest names you've seen people give the left wing and right wing camps or political parties?
There is all much labeling of people for my liking and I have no wish to add to it.

If people pronounce they are 'left wing' or 'right wing' it demonstrates to me that they are inflexible and dogmatic .

I don't belong to any political grouping, there are good and bad people and policies in most political parties and to me the sensible balanced thing to do is to look at them all and what they have to offer when the time comes to vote.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 11:33 AM

Until the entire political system changes how does that work Meg ? I don't disagree with you I am sure you are right but we have this system we have to work within it.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 11:37 AM

But the political establishment is totally entrenched and very unlikely ever to promote significan change, sadly. Red or blue, the politicians win; the people lose
The ridiculous two party system is not fit for purpose and party funding is a scandal
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
But the political establishment is totally entrenched and very unlikely ever to promote significan change, sadly. Red or blue, the politicians win; the people lose
The ridiculous two party system is not fit for purpose and party funding is a scandal
Couldn't agree more. As the old anarchist adage had it, "No matter who you vote for, the government always gets in!"

Our "democracy" is really only a sham. All four major parties (if you can still consider the LibDems a major party) are pretty indistinguishable. Consider the Tories attacks on the huge levels of public spending by the last Labour Government. Since they came to power they have consistently spent more than Labour ever did. It's all talk and the interparty tribalism is encouraged to make people think there actually is a difference between the parties. In fact they are all in thrall to corporate interests and only care about their own careers. Even Corbyn is only a puppet promoted to give an appearance of a radical alternative, but all he promises is more immigration, remaining in the EU and more ridiculous political correctness. Even if he got in power, would he really try to change anything fundamental? I really doubt it!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by nom ->
from my point of view, neither left or right parties have produced anything for my area, both have promised, neither have delivered.

Cant see much changing in the future.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 02:10 PM

Mick B: "As the old anarchist adage had it, "No matter who you vote for, the government always gets in!""

And the other one "If voting changed anything they'd make it illegal"
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 08:26 PM

Going back to the original post. It’s a nice idea Azz, getting all the bad names out in one go, In my opinion I fear it could be like telling a classroom of giggling children that you were going to leave the classroom for 10 minutes so they could get all the laughing out in one long session, as soon as you entered the classroom again they would only laugh twice as loud.
Name calling and politics go hand in hand, it’s a dirty business, I do me best to avoid political threads, but plenty enjoy them and I say good luck to them.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Going back to the original post. It’s a nice idea Azz, getting all the bad names out in one go, In my opinion I fear it could be like telling a classroom of giggling children that you were going to leave the classroom for 10 minutes so they could get all the laughing out in one long session, as soon as you entered the classroom again they would only laugh twice as loud.
Name calling and politics go hand in hand, it’s a dirty business, I do me best to avoid political threads, but plenty enjoy them and I say good luck to them.

Just for you Jim matey to sing along to with gusto!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKlrxMsG9Go
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 05:55 PM

How can any poster expect to generate a serious objective political debate when the topic title contains words like nasty and scumbag.
Answers on a postcard please .....

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top