Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2016, 04:54 PM

Home from Bournemouth

Blimey, I'm knackered!! But the journey from Waterloo was just under an hour, with no waits for tubes or the bus.

Within minutes of getting in, I had a cup of tea and was in the shower. Bliss. But a bit difficult with my left leg up on the end of the bath to keep the new dressing dry. Mind you, they're peeling off so I shall now remove them and let the knee get some air. Done!

Doing all this again in two weeks, but did enjoy the First Class seat on the train (going by coach to IoW). I walked through to the toilet and couldn't believe how crowded the carriage next door was.

Oh, and the washing machine's going. Just emptying the case.

Did I enjoy it? Mostly, but was having to travel each way by an hour long bus, plus a bit of a walk from the B&B. Got a bit cross yesterday when I wanted a roast pork dinner in Debenhams. As it was a bit early I wandered off for half an hour. By the time I got back, by 12.45, it had finished. Ended up having a beefburger from a wagon. Supper was two chicken pieces by Swanage seafront, and the biggest single portion of coffee ice cream ever served! It was huge.

The weather spoilt it for most people, with heavy winds, and rain, and I read on the way home that a man had drowned at Sandbanks on Saturday. (And there were several sea related deaths this weekend.) very sad.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2016, 05:40 PM

Re: Home from Bournemouth

Sandbanks, the English Riviera and estate agents paradise...I love that place.
Did you visit it?

Hope you enjoyed the burger.....I quite like slumming it sometimes, the fat dribbling down your chin, sauce squirting all over the person next to you as you bite down, gripping the bun tightly to stop the burger being ejected like an Exocet missile..I'm surprised there's no fighting amongst customers.

Hope the weather is better for your next trip.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2016, 06:10 PM

Oh yes sandbanks is sooo expensive , ordinary people can't buy there . Millionaires paradise . S'not fair is it
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2016, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Oh yes sandbanks is sooo expensive , ordinary people can't buy there . Millionaires paradise . S'not fair is it
I think it's very fair.

One expects high prices to keep the riff raff out.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2016, 06:28 PM

Hi Jazzi .... glad you had a good journey home

I'm home safe and sound too ... not a bad journey despite a couple of hold ups in traffic

I was talking to a couple who'd been to Ilfracombe .... the weather was so bad one day they were warned not to venture out !!! Another couple I spoke to had been to Sandown ... mixed weather there (sounded about the same as Exmouth) so they enjoyed it
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2016, 07:08 PM

Myrtle, glad you too are home safe. You sounded like you had a fun packed holiday.

Tpin, as my bus passed and went through Sandbanks, via the ferry, to get from my B&B in Swanage to Bournemouth, I saw it twice a day!! Still haven't seen Harry Redknapp, or Paul Gazza!!

The Sandbanks Hotel is looking quite tatty, by the way.

But, when you approach the ferry from Bournemouth, the water glistening on the water at Studland beach...utterly fab scenery.

Oh, and the burger? Yes of course I dripped a small dot of tomato sauce onto my top. Hope it's washed out.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2016, 07:13 PM

Sorry the weather wasn't on your side Jazzi, it's always a chance in Britain, particularly in August, but hope you enjoyed it regardless.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

22-08-2016, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Myrtle, glad you too are home safe. You sounded like you had a fun packed holiday.

Tpin, as my bus passed and went through Sandbanks, via the ferry, to get from my B&B in Swanage to Bournemouth, I saw it twice a day!! Still haven't seen Harry Redknapp, or Paul Gazza!!

The Sandbanks Hotel is looking quite tatty, by the way.

But, when you approach the ferry from Bournemouth, the water glistening on the water at Studland beach...utterly fab scenery.

Oh, and the burger? Yes of course I dripped a small dot of tomato sauce onto my top. Hope it's washed out.
Studland Bay, home of the illusive seahorse.....once a great boating area now limited by red tape.

Still, it's a lovely area.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

22-08-2016, 08:27 PM

Thanks Barry, it was still good. Though I would have expected better for August, I have to say!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2016, 08:33 PM

Hi Jazzi, glad you are home and safe, try not to have any more accidents.

Sorry that the weather was not good.

Let's hope your next break will be better.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top