Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 02:44 PM

Polish winter holidays

Yesterday I was introduced to a near neighbour, a Polish man who speaks only Polish and a little German. However his young daughter speaks very good English. It transpires that this man owns hotels in Poland, which are evidently only open in winter. I took a look at his website and it certainly looks very nice, if you like snow and winter sports. Not my idea of fun but I know some people enjoy it.

http://bidaznedza.pl/zieleniec/
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 02:51 PM

Re: Polish winter holidays

Wonder why he lives in the Uk ?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 04:00 PM

Hi

Poland is dirt cheap for holidays and the skiing is on a par with the best in the Alps.

It is absolutely freezing though.

Better to go in summer, out of the school holidays, less than £60 return for the flights.

Wroclaw is absolutely stunning and much cheaper then Krakow.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 04:05 PM

There is a page on there showing the current temperature
I will give it a miss thank you Loretta I don't do extremes only 'Moderation'
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
He doesn't live in UK Apricot, he lives in Spain, most of the time anyway.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

01-11-2016, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
There is a page on there showing the current temperature
I will give it a miss thank you Loretta I don't do extremes only 'Moderation'
Definitely too cold for me Meg.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 04:52 PM

You are a lot of "Nesh" people as my mom would have said , come on get out there Wrap up just walk in the crisp air, makes your nose run. Hot sun is not good for you, it dries the skin, makes you all wrinkly.
Cold invigorating air , gets deep down in your lungs and clears them out.

No you dont believe me do you????
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Hi

Why?

Very simple, tax rates are much lower here than in Poland.

Loads of Polish Companies are domiciled here in the UK because of taxation, it also applies to the self employed as well.

Money which we will lose when we leave the EU unless we maintain joint taxation rules.

This will also be a serious issue for all those UK Citizens who have retired to the EU, they will be paying Tax on their Pensions abroad, not here in the UK.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

01-11-2016, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Why?

Very simple, tax rates are much lower here than in Poland.

Loads of Polish Companies are domiciled here in the UK because of taxation, it also applies to the self employed as well.

Money which we will lose when we leave the EU unless we maintain joint taxation rules.

This will also be a serious issue for all those UK Citizens who have retired to the EU, they will be paying Tax on their Pensions abroad, not here in the UK.
Marian (that's his name) doesn't live in the UK swimfeeders, he lives here in Spain. He also has another business, www.automan.pl. I believe he is planning on opening a restaurant here. A busy but hard working man.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Not just tax on their pensions, if you were lucky enough to have a big win on Premium Bonds you could be liable for up to 30% (Depending on which country you were in) PB's are of course totally tax free in UK

Just imagine if you were lucky to win the big PB prize, one million, and the tax man lobs a bill for £300,000 on you (30% rate in some EU countries)

Same applies to many other products which are 'tax Free' in UK (ISA's,SIPP's,Savings, etc) but not necessarily tax free in many EU countries.
and definately not after Article 50 is triggered and we are out of the EU

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top