Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 09:00 AM

Re: CBD Oil

Originally Posted by carol ->
I would like to give the real stuff a try but don't know how to get hold of it!
It's frustrating that it's on sale legally in Holland but a crime to be in possession of it here..
You need to come to a certain town in Somerset and breathe in a lot!
I would get some but you don't know if it's safe stuff.
reg
Manchester
reg is male  reg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I would like to give the real stuff a try but don't know how to get hold of it!
It's frustrating that it's on sale legally in Holland but a crime to be in possession of it here..
Seek and ye shall find.

There are lots of people in the over 50s/60s smoking it.
Just ask friends I'm sure there'll be one or two that know somebody who does.

I've never tried it but at the rate my spinal/leg injury is deteriorating I'm sure I'll be considering it very soon.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 01:31 PM

I have some that is Peppermint flavoured

I was given it by a friend who had it on prescription for back pain, it cost her a fortune and it didn't work for her so she gave me some to try for my back pain. She said if it works I can have the rest of hers. The cost in Australia was horrendous so she bought some from the USA I am not sure which this bottle is.

I have tried it once and it did seem to make things better but I am not entirely convinced yet.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	200919 002 Cannabis CBD Oil.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	13732  
Chameleon
New Member!
United States
Chameleon is female 

10-10-2020, 08:40 PM

I would love to be able to use this stuff, but it doesn't agree with me, sadly. Just makes me anxious.

I'm glad though, that it's legal in so many places now and people who need it can get it.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2020, 07:11 PM

My better half tried some of this (supposedly a good one; there's lots about & some that's no good) for her Fibromyalgia but it didn't help her at all.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2020, 08:11 PM

The problem is ... the two major active ingredients of cannabis are difficult to isolate/separate. THC the fun part and CBD the fun part also, that also kills pain whilst assisting sleep etc.

The law says CBD products can contain a maximum of 0.2% THC, rendering them useless because that means they contain no more that a useless % of CBD. Even CBD products labelled 10% are a waste of time as they are derived from inferior rope-making hemp instead of the proper weed.

There should be more regulation over CBD products, something more the the % of THC allowed. Well, at least retailers like Holland & Barrett - who sell CBD oil for £200/100ml - make no claims other than: it's good for the complexion.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2020, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Gosh mine was only £18. 300mg.
What does your wife say it does for her Wishbone?
Yours is probably made from hemp which has next to zero THC so is no problem extracting.
Originally Posted by wishbone ->
She has severe pains from a cancer operation which she had a few years ago and they removed some affected muscles from her arm, so you can imagine the pain she is sometimes in.

The CBD oil is the only thing that gives her relief she swears by it and finds it well worth the money
Yours might be made from real cannabis with THC in it. I’m not sure of the legalities in your country though. There are some low THC strains but most use plain hemp since it’s easier to extract and easier to sell due to legalities. I make my own oil from my own grown cannabis which I enjoy. It’s great for pain.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2020, 10:10 AM

I had a mad moment and bought a small bottle for £20. It was no help at all for me for sciatic pain although the woman in the shop said it “probably would”. In my opinion, a waste of money.
kimimiles
New Member!
United States
kimimiles is male 

11-11-2020, 02:46 PM

Smoked some CBD flower a little while back and soon after I feel so high and healthy!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 04:26 PM

Marge has just begun to try CBD oil. She has pain in her legs which often keeps her awake at night. Mind you, at 59 she's getting on a bit now.

Normal over-the-counter pain-killers are not entirely effective, but a friend of hers (even older) swears by CBD oil and recommended it to Marge.

I can't remember the brand name, but she sent off for it from Boots.

She applies a couple of sprays under the tongue and held for a minute, then swallowed. She's only been using it for two or three days so far and can claim no improvement. Perhaps it requires a little longer use before taking effect.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top