Join for free
Page 13 of 51 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 12:17 PM

Re: Extinction the facts

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I am happy that I have shared the planet with a man like David Attenborough.
The problem (as I see it) is that by making all these films in far away places he has given the impression to the billions of brain dead humans who just want to go and do as he has done and invade all these places, leave there rubbish there (e,g, Mt. Everest etc) and take apicture of themselves where DA was filming.

If he and others had keept away from the natural world and NOT made films for showing on every TV network in the world then there's a chance that some of the species now in danger would be better off.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 12:23 PM

Most people have no desire or money to climb Everest .
For a start it’s booked up up for YEARS ahead and costs about 20k to go up .
AFAIK David Attenborough has not encouraged anyone to climb Everest .

As the rest of your post I am sorry this is not so .
Many environmental projects are supported entirely by eco tourism .

Eco tourists tend to be aware of the environment and don’t damage it .

The people who are have /are destroying the environment are large corporations for commercial gain and the increasing numbers and demands of the human species.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by muddy ->
most people have no desire or money to climb everest .
For a start it’s booked up up for years ahead and costs about 20k to go up .
Afaik david attenborough has not encouraged anyone to climb everest .

As the rest of your post i am sorry this is not so .

The people who are have /are destroying the environment are large corporations for commercial gain and the increasing numbers and demands of the human species.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Most people have no desire or money to climb Everest .
For a start it’s booked up up for YEARS ahead and costs about 20k to go up .
AFAIK David Attenborough has not encouraged anyone to climb Everest .

As the rest of your post I am sorry this is not so .

Us then Muddy?

From a save the planet point of view, we have got too expensive for our own good, and our input far outweighs our output...If we were all machines, we would be uneconomical to run and be scrapped. Isn't this what Covid is doing? Cutting out all the dead wood....?
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 12:57 PM

Just a question then..how do Eco tourists get to the places us common people don’t get too..do they walk..provide their own eco friendly accommodation and food, or do they fly in, stay at an expensive lodge or 5 star hotel?
I wish I was rich enough to be an eco tourist and able to offset my carbon footprint
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
Just a question then..how do Eco tourists get to the places us common people don’t get too..do they walk..provide their own eco friendly accommodation and food, or do they fly in, stay at an expensive lodge or 5 star hotel?
I wish I was rich enough to be an eco tourist and able to offset my carbon footprint
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
Quite Vlad, and having received all this valuable info from DA what can we possible do about it?
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 01:33 PM

A hard question young OGF other than committing suicide (in an eco friendly way) in order to avoid his ‘ we all doomed message’ very little I suspect.
I suspect a cull of the millennials the main abusers of the planet might not go down well either.
Vlad
West Midlands UK

20-09-2020, 01:42 PM

More eco tourists than those stripy horse things

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	CF7D84C8-204C-470C-8678-489D120E06F2.jpeg
Views:	174
Size:	184.3 KB
ID:	13742  
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2020, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Quite Vlad, and having received all this valuable info from DA what can we possible do about it?
Ignore them, let them worry about it if it makes them feel better, and enjoy life!

Page 13 of 51 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top