Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2020, 10:55 PM

Re: Testing

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I think you are right Tiff, and that is what they are saying now.
However, I believe some people have to be tested regardless, because of their job.

I know my friend who works in care for the elderly, has felt perfectly healthy but has still had to be tested twice over the last few months.
Luckily she has been negative both times.

I thought the isolation was for 14 days isn't it?
That I can understand, Mups, but ordinary folk, not in care jobs shouldn't be. I'm thinking of the school kids & party goers who have had contact with someone with Covid19 recently.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2020, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
That I can understand, Mups, but ordinary folk, not in care jobs shouldn't be. I'm thinking of the school kids & party goers who have had contact with someone with Covid19 recently.

I agree.
Perhaps so many people are panicking now and making these huge queues at testing stations, and that is why they are saying now, to only go if you have symptoms.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2020, 11:04 PM

People always look for simple solutions, it seems.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I said similar a while back Spitty.

I said if someone's test is Negative, it only means negative on the day of the sample. It won't stop them becoming positive a week later will it.

I really don't know the answer as to what's best.
Like an MOT certificate. An MOT certificate confirms that your vehicle, at the time of its test, passed the minimum legal requirements to be deemed roadworthy.

For key workers you would think they could have a number code or password to allow them to get an immediate test. A relative is a key worker but can't get a test, so has to stay home for 14 days because they can't take a chance.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 06:37 PM

How about they give tests to those who qualified for early entry to supermarkets?
They managed that ok. (Eventually)

We certainly live in testing times.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top