Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 06:05 PM

Re: New clothes

Well mrs,p asked me to buy her a new dress the other day, I asked her why....she said ..” the veils torn...”
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I buy something new each year, in Autumn it is usually a couple of pairs of jeans for the winter (well July and August anyway) and in spring I buy a couple of pairs of denim shorts for wearing the rest of the year.

About once a year I buy 10 white T shirts and a similar number of boxer shorts to complete my ensemble.

It's not that they wear out quickly but I like a lot because I wear clean each day and I only want to have to do laundry every 10 days or so. 10+ pairs of shorts is the limiting factor and I throw out a couple of worn out pairs each year.
Same here. I get mine from M&S, they are reasonably priced but wash OK.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I have a new hobby.
I go shopping online and put nice clothes in my trolley, then empty it again. It seems to satify a need.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

18-09-2020, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Well mrs,p asked me to buy her a new dress the other day, I asked her why....she said ..” the veils torn...”
It's a good job you never took it back to the hire shop.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I have a new hobby.
I go shopping online and put nice clothes in my trolley, then empty it again. It seems to satify a need.

That's very thrifty Tess. I like it.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 02:19 AM

Me too we don’t need so many clothes.
We are ( sorry to bang on about this ) ruining the environment with all this demand for just about everything.
Micro fibres are destroying the ocean . Even cotton fibres from blue jeans have been found at the bottom of the sea .
This is hardly surprising since blue jeans are the most worn garment on the planet .
What is not often taken into account also is that the dye used to colour them blue is toxic and it’s culminate affect on the environment is doing goodness only knows what damage.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top