Join for free
Page 10 of 38 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 08:53 PM

Re: Prince Philip hurt in car crash,

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Just been looking on the estate on Googlemaps. Assuming that Googlemaps is pointing North, any blinding winter sun would have been directly in front of where he pulled out at that time, not to the side where the other car would have been coming from. Then I checked the weather for 3pm over Sandringham and all I could find was cloud/rain. No sun.
Longy, Yet reports l have read say, he was dazzled by the sun.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 08:54 PM

Just been looking on the estate on Googlemaps. Assuming that Googlemaps is pointing North, any blinding winter sun would have been directly in front of where he pulled out at that time, not to the side where the other car would have been coming from. Then I checked the weather for 3pm over Sandringham and all I could find was cloud/rain. No sun.
If my calculations are correct, he would have been facing East (to get to Sandringham) to cross the A149, which runs North/South at Babingly .....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 09:02 PM

The stretch of road in question is known to the local council as it has seen 40 "personal injury accidents" – which include five that were fatal and ten serious.

Surprise surprise. After this accident, the Council have agreed to lower the speed limit and install speed cameras. Who'da thought it?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Wonder if he got breathalysed?
Originally Posted by Omah ->
Both drivers were breathalysed (negative) .....
Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
oooo yeah, I never thought of that, bet he didn't though, can you imagine the scandal
No sign of scandal, yet .....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 09:11 PM

No sign of scandal, yet .....
I should think it will be hushed up, at least as much as possible.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

18-01-2019, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Longy, Yet reports l have read say, he was dazzled by the sun.
All "reports" will have to be investigated by the police but if he was dazzled, while facing East, it may have been a reflection off a vehicle waiting in the opposing junction .....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 09:18 PM

Many years ago when I was just a girl I had a small run in with Prince Phillip in Windsor Great Park .
I was driving a Land Rover and so was he.
I reached a muddy rotted track before him and splashed through it .
It wasn't only when the driver shouted out of the window 'b****dy girl ' I realised who it was .
Well he shouldn't have had his window down !
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 09:42 PM

All "reports" will have to be investigated by the police but if he was dazzled, while facing East, it may have been a reflection off a vehicle waiting in the opposing junction .....
Yes possibly.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Many years ago when I was just a girl I had a small run in with Prince Phillip in Windsor Great Park .
I was driving a Land Rover and so was he.
I reached a muddy rotted track before him and splashed through it .
It wasn't only when the driver shouted out of the window 'b****dy girl ' I realised who it was .
Well he shouldn't have had his window down !
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

18-01-2019, 09:45 PM

Yes possibly.
I've just watched the video from the car driving past the scene and the sun does seem to be peeking through the trees .....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46918039

Page 10 of 38 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top