Join for free
Page 19 of 31 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 10:55 PM

Re: I'd like to see you....

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Spot on Mart. Thank you

The Floyd. Top band mate
I concur!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 11:02 PM

It was only a matter of Time.

Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 12:42 AM

So, I'm joining this thread late but I'll give my 2penneth anyway,

My view is simply that people who put up any form of personal details on a wide open forum, esp photos of themselves, are utterly foolish and naive.

It IS an enormous risk and a ticking time bomb waiting to happen IF you were ever to upset the wrong person or group of people. You not only put yourself at great risk but your family and/or anyone else living at your address.

People are often completely ignorant at how easy it is for computer savvy people to research forum members and gather all manner of info. Just clueless.

A year or two ago on this very forum I "educated" a sceptical lady. From about 15 mins of research I was able to tell that lady:

1. Her telephone number
2. Where she lived
3. That her house was vulnerable to burglars at the back
4. That she often kept a caravan on her drive
5. The names of her neighbours who had objected to her planning requests to build a conservatory

and more

She was suitably horrified and learned then not to put so much personal stuff on an open forum.

The problem with the internet world is that it is infested with idiots, weirdos and a significant number of people with mental health issues. This forum has its quota. There are members who freely admit to having a mental condition and discuss how they manage it, and there are others who don't yet see or accept that they have mental issues. Either way there are times when such people will take something personal or come to hate a member because of opinions they have expressed and then at times such a person will seek to take some form of real action against them.

If you've been stupid enough to plaster photos of yourself and/or your property, cars, interests, places you regularly go to, then it becomes possible for a mentally unsound person to seek you out.

It really is that simple.

I am a very computer literate individual. I've been in IT for over 30 years. I do my research. There are people on this forum who put far far too much personal info out there. Enough that it is easy to track them and identify where they live. I have already myself tracked at least 2 members of this forum since I joined it, both as a simple computing exercise and as a sensible safeguard against any potential problems. I can tell you where they live, what cars they drive, names of their family members, places they often go to, their local chip shop and so on. For people who are stupid enough to plaster their personal details on forums this is all very easy.

We live in a world where people attack people if they don't like their opnions. If you mock Allah or Islam you could easily find that an angry intolerant believer will seek you out and attack you or your property. If you express that you are a BrExit Leaver or Remainer then you could get backlash from opposing sides. Any opinion you offer here could spark hatred in certain types of people,

Thus to stay free and able to post your opinions it is prudent to never give away anything personal on forums and most certainly not photos of yourself.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 05:28 AM

Good advice, Realist! Sad - but sound.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 06:11 AM

I'll stick to being a cat!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
So, I'm joining this thread late but I'll give my 2penneth anyway,

A year or two ago on this very forum I "educated" a sceptical lady. From about 15 mins of research I was able to tell that lady:

1. Her telephone number
2. Where she lived
3. That her house was vulnerable to burglars at the back
4. That she often kept a caravan on her drive
5. The names of her neighbours who had objected to her planning requests to build a conservatory

and more
If you've got another 15 minutes to spare Realist I'd like it if you'll educate me.

My belief is you will find nothing of any importance about me but we shall see...
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 07:39 AM

I posted some images of me earlier. They are me but not the real me. They've been digitally enhanced to fool any facial recognition software. My IP address is reset daily to fool Google, NASA, the NCA and the CIA.

d00d is not my real name either. Everything I do and say on the internet is digitally enhanced, tongue-in-cheeked for added entertainment value. Enjoy.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
The arrogance is staggering isn't it Carol?
I'll reserve judgment for the time being.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
If you've got another 15 minutes to spare Realist I'd like it if you'll educate me.

My belief is you will find nothing of any importance about me but we shall see...
You live in Derbyshire, of Romanic ethnic origin, have a cat and voted brexit.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 07:53 AM

Hi

Well you are all safe from me.

The only way I could hack a computer is with an axe.

Page 19 of 31 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top