Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 05:26 AM

TV News: What channel do you watch?

I generally go first to BBC News but press the Red Button for a quick overview on Teletext.

I enjoy ITV's Good Morning Britain first thing in the morning when I come in from work. The banter between Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid is classic double act material and with a good debate, Morgan is a brilliant interrogator. The two newspaper editors are another double act in themselves too. When you compare GMB to the unbelievably dull BBC Breakfast it's a breath of fresh air.
To watch Louise Minchin giggling away is just embarrassing.
Sky News is good but adverts about Peruvian donkeys in distress every 10 minutes do my head in.

Any favourite news programmes or presenters?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 06:06 AM

Re: TV News: What channel do you watch?

I watch the BBC too Floydy but if it's a big story I flick around the news channel's to get different takes on the same story it's amazing how differently it's reported especially on international channels. Have to admit I get annoyed at the bias on the BBC .

I keep meaning to watch Piers Morgan...I love the clips of the show I've seen and I understand there was a right Barney between Lord Sugar and Alex Salmond the other day ...I'll look that up on utube.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I watch the BBC too Floydy but if it's a big story I flick around the news channel's to get different takes on the same story it's amazing how differently it's reported especially on international channels. Have to admit I get annoyed at the bias on the BBC .

I keep meaning to watch Piers Morgan...I love the clips of the show I've seen and I understand there was a right Barney between Lord Sugar and Alex Salmond the other day ...I'll look that up on utube.
I didn't particularly like Piers Morgan until recently as I thought he was very much full of his own ego (which he is) but he can back it up. What makes him brilliant at his job is that he has common sense and isn't afraid to speak his mind.
We need more people around like that who are practical with their thoughts. Nigel Farage is the same and so is columnist Richard Littlejohn. Even Jeremy Clarkson. People like this get things done and it's a shame our government don't comprise more politicians like them. Everybody is too PC these days.
Radical and maverick in their views but they are usually correct.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 07:08 AM

I stick to the BBC, it narks me too much, to see folks making money from Common Sense.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 09:19 AM

I tend to watch whatever is on really although in the morning I normally watch the BBC as opposed to ITV because I can't stand the adverts and the competition every five minutes, otherwise I would prefer to watch Piers Morgan.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 09:39 AM

I usually have the BBC on. Agree about not wanting the adverts butting in all the time.
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 09:40 AM

I prefer the Channel 4 news programme. I always record it so that I can skip what doesn’t interest me, namely commercials, sport and show business. I also skip past some of their overlong interviews.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 10:59 AM

I never watch the news.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 11:43 AM

I do tend to 'channel hop' between all of them during the course of a day, mainly to try and get a balanced view of what's going on in the world. The newspapers tend to be the same in this respect too so again I look at many of them.

Something that's almost always noticeably absent on all the media though – good news! It would appear, possibly wrongly, that there is not much of it about these days. However, this morning I did catch this item on the link below and what a change it makes from the usual dismal news items about the awful world we live in! Maybe nowadays we also need a 'Good News' channel with items like this?

This went viral and apparently, other than it being such a happy scene, was the reason for it being in the news:

https://www.today.com/parents/dad-ch...-video-t155568
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 11:46 AM

I watch a lot of channels, I like the repeats of programs from back along, like Lovejoy etc.
I probably watch more BBC than anything though, that's all the BBC channels.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top