Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2012, 10:14 PM

Pantomime Horse

EArlier in the year I advertised for someone to team up with me to make my dream of performing on stage as a pantomime horse a reality.
So far I have not been able to recruit, candidates have been too short, too tall, too fat or not of the right temperament.
I am looking for a fit person to join up with me to revive this dying art. I will, of course, be at the front, it's my costume & I get first choice and anyway I can't take the rear half because of my stiff back.
I can only consider someone who is supple & enthusiastic enough to join me in what I hope will be a special experience.

NO previous experience is necessary as full training will be given, on the hoof as it were. There is no remuneration for this project.
Contact me if you think you may be suitable
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2012, 05:58 AM

Re: Pantomime Horse

No thanks Robert !!!!!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2012, 09:49 AM

Thanks anyway Alan.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2012, 05:48 PM

And unfortunately it is a dying art Robert, many's the Pantomime Ass strutted the boards in bygone days, I have indeed been no end of an Ass myself on several occasions, however I must decline your kind offer as this year I'll be playing the bottom part of a Pig in 'Hamlet'.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2012, 06:09 PM

I was wondering if you were joking! It appears you're serious lol I couldn't do it with my back but I do a particularly good neigh/whinny thats very realistic lol Maybe I could do you a cd!!!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

02-11-2012, 07:26 PM

Thank you Cassie for your generous offer. Amateur that I am I hadnt considered whether the features of said pantomime horse would include audio effects. Can you do hooves clip-clopping?
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

02-11-2012, 07:31 PM

Jemflux, thanks for your kind words & I am sorry that you are unable to take the rear end, but I understand your position.
You can lead a horse to water & all that.
I thought I might go see WARHORSE to give me some tips. THis could be my big chance to become noticed.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2012, 07:34 PM

My clip clopping has been heard in both the north of the uk where the punters are much harder work and the south where I was truely appreciated
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

02-11-2012, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
And unfortunately it is a dying art Robert, many's the Pantomime Ass strutted the boards in bygone days, I have indeed been no end of an Ass myself on several occasions, however I must decline your kind offer as this year I'll be playing the bottom part of a Pig in 'Hamlet'.
Cassie, it's a long shot, but I wonder if Jemflux could offer you an opening in Hamlet. I don't recall any pantomime pigs in that production but with modern interpretations, anything goes.
Cassie
West Wales

02-11-2012, 07:47 PM

Hmmm i'm not sure.. last time I 'went pig' I ended up arrested and had eggs thrown at me in the traditional way

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top