Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2012, 07:55 PM

Re: Pantomime Horse

Originally Posted by Cassie ->
Hmmm i'm not sure.. last time I 'went pig' I ended up arrested and had eggs thrown at me in the traditional way
Bacon & eggs ?, that's nearly a "Full English"
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2012, 01:13 AM

We have strayed far from the original topic, am I flogging a dead horse?
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2012, 06:41 AM

You can take a horse to water but a pencil must be lead
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

06-11-2012, 12:17 PM

Excellent Cassie...

A (hay) for 'orses
B s for hunny
C for fishes

Anyone know the rest of this alphabet?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2012, 01:09 PM

You'll have to give me a few days to work on the rest of that alphabet Robert, but don't give up on the horse just yet. Perhaps one could substitute a wooden horse for the production?, Rolf Harris has one available I believe, a bit bullet ridden I expect but it's easier to treat then woodworm, a bit of Polyfiller and a slap of paint and Bob's your Uncle. If you want more mobility just add a few castors to the hooves and attach a dwarf to the hind quarters to either push or pull, you could paint him the same colour as the horse and nobody will notice him on stage.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

06-11-2012, 04:47 PM

THanks Jemflux. you've given me food for though.t
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2012, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
THanks Jemflux. you've given me food for though.t
You are very welcome Robert.
I know what you are going through, our local drama group put on a production of Sean O' Casey's "The Plough and the Stars" in the Parish Hall back in the 1980's and securing props was a total nightmare, it was at the start of the sowing season and all the farmers were reluctant to part with their ploughs, even for two weeks, eventually we managed to get a paper mache plough and place it in the required position on stage, this was a mistake for the lead actor was a heavy handed 20 stone man and when he grabbed it on the first night he yanked the handles off, this got a great laugh in this tragic play so we decided to leave it in as the rest of the play was a flop, every night for the two weeks we stuck the handles back on with Bostik, never again I can tell you, directing amateur dramatics is a heartbreaking and thankless job.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2012, 05:49 PM

A for 'orses
B for honey
C for miles
D for dog

Someone elses turn!!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2012, 08:38 PM

A for 'orses
B for honey
C for miles
D for dog
E for Eee byegum

Next offering!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

07-11-2012, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
A for 'orses
B for honey
C for miles
D for dog
E for Eee byegum

Next offering!
F for elF & safety

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top