Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2012, 04:41 PM

Re: Pantomime Horse

I heard of Stalin being called "Uncle Joe" .I see the connection now
thanks

I'm uncle Bob to my nephews and nieces and elsewhere Robert Junior because I was named after my fathers brother Robert, --Bob's my uncle.He was a trades union rep in the merchant navy between about 1950 & 1970, after completing 22 yrs in the Royal Navy.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2012, 05:02 PM

"Bob's your Uncle" Robert, is Fanny your Aunt?, or like myself, just an old acquaintance.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2012, 05:48 PM

Very clever JF, I am unable to post a response without being censored.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2012, 09:04 PM

Ohh be a devil... go on lol
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2012, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
I heard of Stalin being called "Uncle Joe" .I see the connection now
thanks

I'm uncle Bob to my nephews and nieces and elsewhere Robert Junior because I was named after my fathers brother Robert, --Bob's my uncle.He was a trades union rep in the merchant navy between about 1950 & 1970, after completing 22 yrs in the Royal Navy.
Robert matey, small world, I too was in Merchant Navy for a short while in 1965. I too was also a Trades Union Shop-steward and Branch Secretary.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2012, 05:34 PM

It's a crying shame the Pantomime was lost for the want of a horse Robert, but like you so optimistically said there's always next year and I might just have an idea for you, let me boldly suggest your project for the 2013 season and I don't mind in the least if you titter or find it ridiculous.
Panto's have always featured characters we all know well, Aladdin, Dick Whittington, Cinderella, etc., well how about you put together a Sherlock Holmes Pantomime?. There would be no shortage of characters to include, Moriarty and his various villains, Watson and his good wife Mary, and don't forget Mrs Hudson, plenty there to work on and with Cassie providing the sound effects it should save you a few bob, I'll even throw in my homemade joke to start the ball rolling.
It's Watson's birthday and he's standing on a step ladder changing a light bulb, enter Holmes. "Happy birthday my old friend on your 60th birthday" "Well how in heavens name did you deduce my age Holmes?" "Elementary, your 60 watts on".
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

11-11-2012, 06:29 PM

Destiny calls from way back then. I was a precocious child, forward in reading and writing largely due to my fathers brother also Robert, who spent hours and hours encouraging me to read.
Uncle Bob, the original “Bob’s your uncle” was a seaman of longstanding and could reel off large chunks of the Bible, learnt by heart from the Bible, it being usually the only reading material on board. He had a gravely voice, multiple chins, a wicked sense of fun and reeked off rum & black and cigar smoke. His legacy was for me a very broad vocabulary from a very young age. He also thought it was amusing to have me repeat rude words before insisting I must have heard him incorrectly. You can be the judge. “You’ve got as much sense as my rectum” was one. How could I have misheard that.
On a late night bus on one occasion & after a skin full he let off a gut vibrating gust of wind from his nether regions. Non plussed he gave a shocked look to a quite respectable lady in front of him.
“look at me miss, they’ll think it was me”…
He was only happy really when at sea. He clocked up 22 years in the Royal Navy & another 30 plus years in the merchant navy. He never found time to marry and brought home pics of him with girls on each arm in foreign ports. He assured me they were my cousins. I began to doubt the truth of some of his stories.

I seem to have strayed from the point…..

Jemflux, you have filled me with optimism. I will start planning today.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

18-12-2013, 10:57 PM

For the first time in 20 years I have not recruited an assistant to take the part of my rear as a pantomime horse to raise money for charity. It grieves me to announce my retirement from all things Thespian. To be honest I can't be arsed. All the interviewing over the years has taken it's toll & the applicants have more or less dried up. IT's true that you can take a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.
THere's a pun there somewhere.

I hear that MONTY pythons FLYING CIRCUS is being revived. THey had a brilliant sketch involving pantomime horses dualling, so I will stay near my phone in case I get
the call to arms, well legs actually.

I will take great pleasure in saying NAY.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2013, 11:02 PM

I prefer a tea duel!
It's a bit risky being a rear end after Xmas & all those sprouts!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2013, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
I prefer a tea duel!
It's a bit risky being a rear end after Xmas & all those sprouts!

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top