Join for free
Page 296 of 370 « First < 196 246 286 294 295 296 297 298 306 346 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 08:14 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I know your position mate and you can only keep yourself monitored. I wasn't having a go at all though, merely complimenting you by pointing out that you can still put in a great performance like yesterday's run - as you told us yourself
Sorry Floydy, I probably came over a bit 'Stuffed Shirt' but it's quite infuriating and even though I consciously set off at a steady pace in order to put the enjoyment back into my running I find myself struggling over the mile or two.

Cruisin' the Fjords Surfermom, and I promise you and Floydy that for the first time in my life I shall refrain from running for the whole seven days and see how it goes....

On the good side my stats had returned to normal after thirty minutes, but I felt wobbly for the rest of the day and done very little....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Sorry Floydy, I probably came over a bit 'Stuffed Shirt' but it's quite infuriating and even though I consciously set off at a steady pace in order to put the enjoyment back into my running I find myself struggling over the mile or two.

Cruisin' the Fjords Surfermom, and I promise you and Floydy that for the first time in my life I shall refrain from running for the whole seven days and see how it goes....

On the good side my stats had returned to normal after thirty minutes, but I felt wobbly for the rest of the day and done very little....
Okay, we all have our moments Bob, I have mine too as you know. Only talking sense that's all matey
Hope you had a relaxing evening
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 10:52 AM

Managed to scoot round an eight miler this morning but took it steady and felt good all the way. After looking at an angry sky and the odd spot of rain I decided to wear my thin waterproof top, but in the warm humid conditions I'd only gone a mile and took it off and carried it the rest of the way.

The rain never really turned to anything serious until I was home and looking out the window at it....Unfortunately, Mrs Fox and friend were still out on their walk....Not happy when she finally got home......Soaked....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 02:55 PM

Floydy, your workouts never cease to amaze me. If I worked out like that - and then ran - I would still gain five pounds if I followed it with ice cream . That's why I invariably follow my run with something rich, delicious, and exciting like - water.

OGF, the Sunday eight without too much bodily complaint must have you feeling on top of the world this afternoon! Did you suggest to Mrs. Fox that if she ran faster next time she might not get so wet? Want to keep your head, you say? .

There was nothing dry about my adventure yesterday, with the gulf producing a nice little swell as forecast. It felt like Christmas as we waxed the surfboards and raced to the shoreline, hopping on our boards, and paddling with all our might past where the waves break. The winds were light at 5 mph, producing emerald green, peeling little glassy wave.

While waiting, we sat on our boards and watching the pelicans overhead, felt the odd fish brushing up against our legs as they swim by, and watched the blue horizon for a perfect set of waves.

Although popping up on the board might seem like hardest part of surfing (you can try it by stretching out flat on your stomach and then popping up into a squatting position before standing), but it's really timing the waves and knowing when to paddle with all your might and when to pop up that took me forever to figure out. The ungainly outcome: three sessions, red eyes, sore muscles, spaghetti legs, and pure bliss .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

27-05-2019, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
OGF, the Sunday eight without too much bodily complaint must have you feeling on top of the world this afternoon! Did you suggest to Mrs. Fox that if she ran faster next time she might not get so wet? Want to keep your head, you say? .
Mrs Fox Running?...
That's a good one Surfermom.....
Mrs Foxes only motive for going out walking is to try and lose weight so she can prance about the ship her bikini....

Over the years I have had many people approach me who want to lose weight by running......At least eight miles every day for the next two or three years might just do it I tell them......I think you might agree with me Surfermon, running for weight loss is doomed to failure. You have to enjoy running to keep it up for longer than the next fashion to appear....
'Running is not just for Christmas'.....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 12:00 PM

Bob - back up to scratch with your 8-miler, see, it's only setback that cause the off days

You're right about the exercise mate. Dieting properly (or having a proper one) is the only surefire way to lose weight.

Suzie - Three goes in the surf is fabulous (even though I have no idea how it must feel to surf!), and as you say it's all about the sheer feeling of the sport which must be refreshing.

Monday 27/5/19: Legs. 1hr.25mins.

I actually went to the gym yesterday but after just four feeble leg presses I went home again. A total of three minutes exercise, well sometimes your good intentions just do not materialise do they?!

Today was much better. I omitted the sled press as I did that as part of my last upper body session, which actually gave me more energy to concentrate on the rest of the workout, which I topped off with 10 minutes on the treadmill of all things!

(All weights in kgs)

Extensions:
20x40
15x60 +6
12x100 +2, +2
20x50 +3

Lying (prone) ham curl:
20x25
12x32.5
6x40 +2, +1
20x20 +6

Incline press 1:
Feet low on plate -
20x150
10x200 +3, +3
6x250 +3, +3, +3
5x300 +2, +3
3x350 +1

Incline press 2:
Feet high on plate (reverse sets)–
4x250 +2, +2
6x200 +1, +1
12x150 +2, +2
15x120

Adductor:
20x50
20x55
10x60 +3, +3

Abductor:
20x50
20x55
10x60 +3, +3

Seated ham curl:
20x40
12x50 +6
6x70 +2, +1
20x35 +6

Sled press (alternating feet positions):
20x150, 12x180
6x200 +2, +2, +2
12x140 +5

10 mins cardio treadmill walk.

I'm constantly thinking of ways to change my routine because if I don't I do get very complacent with my training. The routine I have right now is fine but as you both remind me, I really should do some more in the way of cardio. But my work knackers me up, so it's a conundrum as to what exactly to do? I'm sure I'll arrive at something that suits my commitments eventually!

Thanks for reading, Have a lovely bank holiday
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 01:23 PM

Hi

I am having a torrid time at the moment, going backwards.

I am carrying a 25 kilo bag 60 metres from front to back and having to take a rest an be on here between each one, so, so frustrating.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

27-05-2019, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I am having a torrid time at the moment, going backwards.

I am carrying a 25 kilo bag 60 metres from front to back and having to take a rest an be on here between each one, so, so frustrating.
What's in the bag and why are you carrying it, Swimmy?
Good exercise though, if that's your desired method of keeping fit
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 05:14 PM

Swimfeeders, if you read about, we all have our good days and bad days - even stretches of them - sometimes. You are doing superbly well in my eyes; you simply never give up .

Floydy
, I am always impressed with your workouts . Thinking about your (speed, haha ) session two days ago, I was wondering, are you giving yourself enough recovery days between leg sessions? Might have been a factor? All-in-all, it sounds like you blasting away out there. If I could give any advice at all, I never do cardio and any other type of exercise (gym, step aerobics with weights, pushups, sit-ups) at the same time of day. I've found that I am a lot more energized and do better with each when I put a few hours between the two. Have you thought about doing more of your cardio outdoors instead of the gym (power walking, swimming, cycling, stair climbing, etc.)? I think you might find it more interesting and inspiring - and stick with it better. Just think of the day you traversed the bridge!

OGF, I am sooooo envious of your fjord cruise and look forward to the reports . There is a cruise out there that combines Iceland, and the Norwegian fjords that has had my eye for sometime... .

I have to agree with you about the running and weight loss. What I have found is that running tends to cause one to replace fat with lean muscle, and those who often start running with that in mind can find themselves frustrated when the reading on the scales either stays the same - or goes up !. What running does do is tighten up the inches, firm up the body, and help with overall wellbeing. As we have said, it is a lifestyle and an addictive one at that, one in which you reap the rewards and chuck the bathroom scales.

So with a happy day of surf behind me and another one soon forthcoming, I ran a quick five and then some yesterday with plans for a longer outing late today. It's humid as a sauna out there, but there is enough wind that there are no excuses to be found around there.

This is our Memorial Day here, the equivalent of your Remembrance Day, so today I am in thoughtful gratitude for all of the military men who endured, suffered, and died to enable us to live free, self-determining lives and enjoy peaceful, beautiful days just like this one. How terribly fortunate we are.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 06:16 PM

Sorry I haven't been on for the last few days. Grandkids, family, Bank Holiday, you know the routine. Anyway, I was in the gym on Saturday and did a standard workout, but some machines are missing until new types are delivered in a week or so. Everyone is looking forward to the new stuff, myself included. Oh, best news of the workout is that I did a 15 minute ride on one of the exercise bikes! The knees were great and actually loosened up during the 15 minutes. It was on a low setting of difficulty, but I'm taking it carefully.

Good luck in your exercise routines ladies and gents.

Page 296 of 370 « First < 196 246 286 294 295 296 297 298 306 346 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top