Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 02:58 PM

Re: Preventing winter virus's

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Some good advice here Carol, and mine would be; Avoid other people, especially large groups (public transport, hospitals, waiting rooms)...Most colds and virus's are transmitted from person to person and the warmer the environment the longer the bugs will stay airborne. Your resistance will be low after the stress of the festive season, and less able to fight off infection.

I agree with you, Foxy.
Sneezes travel a long way, especially when people do not use a handkerchief.

Take a look here:

https://www.sciencefocus.com/the-hum...neezes-travel/
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Thanks for the comments & advice.

I have had the flu jab as I do every year but I still manage to catch a nasty virus.
Ah ok. Nuff said then !

If you put that crap into your body you are going to suffer the consequences. ILIs in people having the flu vaccine are incredibly common. That's fact. It's also fact that you spread it to others 6 times more than those who didn't get the vaccine.

I won't contribute further. It's your choice to continue down the path of having the vaccine and suffering these bouts or to realise what is going on and stop having it.

Sooner or later I'm afraid the real flu will come along and hit you in that vulnerable state that the vaccine put you in. That won't be particularly nice at all !
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 03:19 PM

Thanks for the comments & advice.

I have had the flu jab as I do every year but I still manage to catch a nasty virus.
Oh dear!!

Wrong answer Carol.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Oh dear!!

Wrong answer Carol.

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Oh dear!!

Wrong answer Carol.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

Sooner or later I'm afraid the real flu will come along and hit you in that vulnerable state that the vaccine put you in. That won't be particularly nice at all !
Mine was a virus - not the flu. The vaccine is to prevent the real flu.

Lesser of two evils I thought!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 06:05 PM

Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 06:26 PM

Mine was a virus - not the flu. The vaccine is to prevent the real flu.

Lesser of two evils I thought!
The vaccine is perceived as something that will prevent the flu but in reality is a pile of horse manure that helps about 1 in 100 people vaccinated.

There are hundreds of flu strains out there and your vaccine will only cover at best 3 or 4 of those. Once you have it your immune system is stretched as it is being forced to create antibodies for the strains in the vaccine. When a different flu virus pops along during that period you're going to find that:

1) The vaccine is of no use because it didn't cover that strain

2) Your body is in a weakened state so will have a very hard time fending off the invading flu virus. That could make things far far worse than they otherwise would be.

Either way, just having the vaccine and pumping your body full of its highly (imo) suspect and undesirable ingredients (like squalene for example) is not going to help you any. It is extremely common for vaccine takers to subsequently suffer ILIs (Influenza Like Illnesses) as you have discovered multiple times.

You have everything to lose and nothing to gain by having the vaccine

You risk weakening your body and then getting a flu strain which the vaccine does not cover

You risk contracting some very serious side effects that are known to happen (go read the list, not pleasant!)

You risk infecting everyone else with any flu you do get far more than unvaccinated people would, thereby perpetuating the whole winter flu cycle.

I strongly recommend you read the paper insert for the vaccine you too (probably FLUAD). It will tell you freely how untested it is.

Not tested for being carcinogenic or mutagenic for example.

Go read the flu vaccine related threads in this forum for the evidence and data. GL.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 07:12 PM

I've had the flu jab every year. I'm afraid not to have it now.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 07:51 PM

I am surprised Carol, with all the walking you do, that you still manage to catch these viruses. I proudly announced to the nurse this morning, when I went for results of my blood test/prescription update/health check, that since getting my dog I have not had a single cold. And I put that down to all my walking with her, in all weathers. Touch wood.

Now that is before November 2017, so that is a record for me.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top