Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 08:18 PM

Re: Preventing winter virus's

Originally Posted by carol ->
I've had the flu jab every year. I'm afraid not to have it now.
You are supposed to be frightened Carol. THAT is how they market the vaccine, with a purposeful and very deliberate "Campaign Of Fear".

Take a look at this. It's a Powerpoint presentation from a director of the CDC (Centre for Disease Control) called Glen Nowak. In this presentation he literally instructs his direct reports to engage in a deliberate campaign of fear to foster increased demand for the vaccine. He tells them to embark on a media campaign stating that flu this year (every year!) will be terrible, that people will die and so on.

This entire scam is predicated on this Campaign Of Fear.
They use TV advertising too to frighten people into having the vaccine. It makes me sick every time I see it come on.

NHS GPs are all part of the scam. The flu vaccine sales are a MAJOR part of their yearly revenue.

The business is making £millions from unsuspecting people who put their trust in the health industry (foolish imo) .

https://www.jeffereyjaxen.com/news/o...vaccine-demand
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 08:20 PM

TBH I can't believe you haven't read the previous threads where this has all been debated for a long time. Every year in fact. Is this a wind up?!

If not understand that the number of deaths attributable to Flu has been going up year on year, so the vaccine is clearly not working.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
TBH I can't believe you haven't read the previous threads where this has all been debated for a long time. Every year in fact. Is this a wind up?!

It's quite possible I haven't read all the other threads. Sorry about that.

However - I wasn't actually debating the flu jab.

I was wondering about the benefits of taking Echinacea and vitamins as protection from all virus's.

Presumably all virus's aren't caused by the flu jab.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 12:09 AM

It's quite possible I haven't read all the other threads. Sorry about that.

I was wondering about the benefits of taking Echinacea and vitamins as protection from all virus's.

Presumably all virus's aren't caused by the flu jab.
At last! people are not biting at Realist's usual attempts to hijack the thread with his tin foil logic.

Oh Carol (what a great title for a song) as a fully paid up member of the Anti Apostrophe League and just to be pedantic, it's 'viruses'.

As you were... Carry on...
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

22-01-2019, 12:23 AM

Yep, but you also told us that :

"Every year at the start of winter I seem to get a virus that leaves me feeling low & depressed and with a chesty cough that lasts for weeks."

and asked us :

"I was wondering if any of out members do anything to prevent winter bugs? "

So the aside regarding flu vaccine is highly relevant.

What do I do to prevent getting winter bugs?

First and foremost I DO NOT have the flu vaccine. Highly important. I truly believe if you stop having the vaccine you won't get these regular bouts of illness.

Secondly I try to maximise the amount of sunshine I can get immediately prior to the winter season. 6 days worth of sunshine can provide enough Vitamin D in your body to last up to 49 days without sunshine. I get as much sunshine as I can without that being in any way uncomfortable or risky in terms of sun burn. I NEVER ever use sun creams.

Thirdly I purposely incorporate lots of garlic and ginger into my evening meals. Garlic is hugely beneficial to lots of things.

Fourthly I cook fresh meals EVERY day using fresh ingredients. I ensure that we get a wide range of vegetables which provide lots of iron and other useful minerals which all contribute to the immune system.
In a typical week we will go through:

A bag of courgettes, one large butternut squash, 2-3 packs of stringless beans, a bag of sprouts, 4-5 heads of broccoli, many potatoes, 2 packs of chestnut or portabello mushrooms, a bag of parsnips, various red onions, 2 garlic bulbs, ginger etc.

Alongside that we eat plenty of good sourced meats and fish. Typically in the week we have, pork steaks, chicken breasts, ribeye steaks, low fat minced steak, shin beef or mutton in a slow cooked stew and either sea bass or plaice or mackerel fillets. At the weekend we'll have a brunch breakfast with good sausages, bacon, black pudding, eggs, mushrooms and plum tomatoes.

When I go to the supermarket I ALWAYS ensure that I have a bag of unwaxed lemons on rotation plus plenty of fresh ginger. I incorporate the lemons into the above dishes where I can, usually with the chicken and fish.

At the first sign of any cold or sore throat or associated symptoms I blitz an entire lemon with a chunk of fresh ginger in some hot water and make a hot drink with it with a little honey. That kills off any bugs pretty quickly and ensures I never get any long lasting bugs or viruses.

At the same time I always have a bottle of Grapefruit Seed Extract on hand for a wide variety of uses, both internal and external. If I start with any symptoms I put 3-4 drops of that in my cups of tea which again helps kill off any bugs.

For any stomach type upsets it cures the problem in minutes.

So there you go.

You will see that I don't have a regime of potions, pills and vitamin supplements. I know Echinacea and Vitamin C are good things, but the capsule forms of these things are largely poor quality and ineffective.

So I take my vitamins and other goodies directly from the products of Nature where they are the most potent and where they haven't been processed (which looses much of the goodness).

Hope some of that helps. Predominantly you'd improve your lot tremendously by not having the silly flu vaccine each year.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 12:50 AM

I may give the flu jab a miss next year...

I'm sure the Anti Apostrophe League are grateful to you Bruce.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 02:42 AM

I'm a fan of saline gel (or mist) that you put just inside your nose, especially before you go to bed at night. One of the main reasons that people get sick is that their nasal passages dry out in the winter, so their membranes harbor bacteria rather than flushing it away. Besides, it just feels so soothing.

It is sold here under the brand "Ayr".
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

22-01-2019, 09:46 AM

Do you use this on a daily basis during the winter season Surfermom or just when you feel a cold coming on?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 09:46 AM

I.m with realist on the foods to boost our immune system, I could have written those ingredients myself as those are the foods I put into my body this past 12 months.

I eat and cook fresh foods daily. I love to make healthy soups made with good nourishing vegatables. I also use garlic, turmeric and ginger and cook with them all the time, I even add those spices to my salads!

I.ve come to realise the junk i was putting in my body contributed to making me unwell. I also enjoy my food much more than I ever did.

Echinacea is a good supplement but I agree with realist that it's best to get our vits from natural sources such as the food we eat.

I.m off to the supermarket to buy some lemons, the only thing he mentioned that I haven't yet incorporated into my diet.

Happy Tuesday Carol x

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top