Join for free
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2019, 05:24 PM

Travel Programs.

There seems to be a lot of celebs visiting different counties on TV.Judy Dench and Trevor Mcdonald at the moment.There have been quite a few of them travelling the world showing us the sights.
Used to love Michael Palin's travels years ago.Pole to Pole etc.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2019, 11:13 PM

Re: Travel Programs.

I love Cruising With Jane McDonald. She is such a natural person with a terrific sense of humour & a beautiful singing voice.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2019, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by rhosyn ->
There seems to be a lot of celebs visiting different counties on TV.Judy Dench and Trevor Mcdonald at the moment.There have been quite a few of them travelling the world showing us the sights.
Used to love Michael Palin's travels years ago.Pole to Pole etc.

I noticed this too, Rhosyn.
There's been one after another doing these travel shows lately.

I don't watch them all, but I liked the Indian one with Trevor Macdonald, and I will hopefully be watching Judy Dench, because I like her. She is 84 now I believe, doesn't seem possible does it.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 07:04 AM

I like some of them.

I was surprised to find how much I liked the Michael Portillo train ones.

I didn't watch the Joanna Lumley ones. Although I like her, there was something about her delivery that I found a bit tedious. Not sure why.

I will watch the Judi Dench ones, as I like her, and will be interested to see how she does.

I won't watch the Trevor McDonald ones. I don't like him as a presenter or as a person; he can be rather nasty, and it puts me off.

I can't think of any others.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 08:55 AM

i think it is down to the numbers now going on cruises and exploring other places further away apart from Spain and Portugal.

I did go on one advertising holidays on TV and not over impressed with the service when abroad. This was the Japanese trip and attention to detail was missing, ie location of hotel and getting to /from sites, one they didn't even have our booking at the castle, the local agent messed it all up. Took half an hour of our viewing time wasted.

The tv show was Planet Cruise ,so would not recommend them.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top