Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 11:02 PM

Re: Living Separately in a Marriage

Originally Posted by carol ->
It wouldn't suit me to be living apart.

It makes me think 'Why bother getting married?'
maybe down to inheritance issues?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 11:09 PM

That may be Taxing.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 11:10 PM

I knew one couple who were married and didn't live together. They went out for meals and drinks and dinner parties together, but had built a wall up the middle of the house. He lived one side and she lived the other !

He was a doctor, and family friend of my in laws. He would visit her when she wasn't well and then get pissed on the scotch with my father in law in the kitchen , before driving home in the early hours !

Living in Kent countryside was an eye opener, believe me.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 11:27 PM

I know of a couple who do this. In fact, I ran into them the other day at the pharmacy where she works. They were laughing and having a great time.

They do everything together, just not the day-to-day stuff.

At some point they were driving each other mad, and decided that having two of everything was worth it to keep their marriage - together.

The kids (in their fifties) are fine with it.

Whatever works!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I know of a couple who do this. In fact, I ran into them the other day at the pharmacy where she works. They were laughing and having a great time.

They do everything together, just not the day-to-day stuff.

At some point they were driving each other mad, and decided that having two of everything was worth it to keep their marriage - together.

The kids (in their fifties) are fine with it.

Whatever works!
I think this is what happened to the people I knew. The relationship wasn’t working and they still loved each other so instead of throwing it all away they did this and now get along better than ever. People do what works best for them.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I think this is what happened to the people I knew. The relationship wasn’t working and they still loved each other so instead of throwing it all away they did this and now get along better than ever. People do what works best for them.
Yes they do, but would you want to live a separate life brats?
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Yes they do, but would you want to live a separate life brats?
No but I get along very well with my husband of 30 years so have no reason to but if we didn’t get along I would rather do this than split up permanently.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 12:07 AM

Never heard so much BS in all my life .
Married people who live apart don't love each other or love has died .
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

26-06-2019, 12:13 AM

I don’t normally try to figure out other people’s personal lives.
Like everything else in life, people do what works best for them. If other people decide to live this way , who am I to say it’s wrong? It’s none of my business.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 12:37 AM

I'm with you Bratti. None of my business how people arrange their lives. If it works for them. Who the @#$$ am I to judge. My two cents worth is this. I have been married to..and living with..my partner/wife for 30 years. We both love it that way. And we both love each other..still! Done deal. Our son is 23 and could move out but he chooses to stay at home. He gets judged left right and centre for not "leaving the nest". He pulls his weight and we love having him at home too. The three of us live to together because we want to. Bugger what anyone else thinks. But we have friends - a young-ish couple who have 2 teenage kids, a son and daughter aged 13 and 15. The parents are married but each have had their own house and career for five years or so. THey still maintain a full and exclusive relationship and certainly appear to love each other dearly from where we sit. THeir kids love it. They have two bedrooms each .The fact that they can afford to do this is not for us to judge either.

PS

Never heard so much BS in all my life .
Married people who live apart don't love each other or love has died .

Jeez Muddy I've heard tons of "BS" much worse than any I've heard on here. And I haven't even lived all my life yet (Fingers crossed - Hope you haven't either!) Maybe you need to get out more.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top