Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 10:44 AM

Re: correcting distortion in a photo

That looks OK d00d. I suppose the operation will always lose a bit of photo because of what it needs to do. The 'dragged out' bits need to be cropped away in order to square up the photo edges. That part is automatic in Xara but as said earlier, this does make the result a little smaller than the original. A bit of resizing is necessary to put it right.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 11:14 AM

In gimp you have to reframe it manually, easier done.

In certain situations like straightening tall buildings, you can replace lost sky quite easily. That might prevent the subject being too tight in the frame.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
In gimp you have to reframe it manually, easier done.

In certain situations like straightening tall buildings, you can replace lost sky quite easily. That might prevent the subject being too tight in the frame.

Which tool did you use in Gimp? Was it Filters/Distorts/Lens Distortion?
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Which tool did you use in Gimp? Was it Filters/Distorts/Lens Distortion?
I don't really understand Gimp, it's a tricky one, preferring to do most editing in Paint.net

But I do know Gimp shortcut keys Shift+P opens Perspective tool ... allows you to stretch the pic into shape.

And I like the way you can have a pic on your clipboard, paste it into Gimp, do your perspective, copy and paste it into, say, Paint.net. You don't have to save it somewhere then go to another app find it and reopen it.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top