Join for free
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2019, 10:29 PM

Advice please

I have a Pentax K1000 SLR I bought 30+ years ago brand new and have only taken a couple of hundred shots with it,
It's in immaculate condition but now its no longer used and I want to sell it, can any of you guys give me rough estimate of what you think its worth please ?

Thank you
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2019, 11:33 PM

Re: Advice please

Film cameras don't fetch much now . I have a Voightlander Vito CL and be lucky to get £25 for it, worth more to me. I will PM you a link to a photographic site I belong to. You may have to meet the site criteria before you can go on the selling thread but it is the best bet to get the most for your camera. They will give you a better idea of what it is worth anyway.

Try selling on fleabay and you loose a lot in sales fees, not a good idea
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2019, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Film cameras don't fetch much now. I have a Voightlander Vito CL and be lucky to get £25 for it, worth more to me. I will PM you a link to a photographic site I belong to. You may have to meet the site criteria before you can go on the selling thread but it is the best bet to get the most for your camera. They will give you a better idea of what it is worth anyway.

Try selling on fleabay and you loose a lot in sales fees, not a good idea
You're telling me - I have a medium format camera which was my pride and joy but 120 film and processing can be expensive. Still have my 35mm Minolta Dynax camera too - a bit loath to part with either of them.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 01:41 AM

I have a little 35mm Pentax too which I've had since Uni. IT's a cracker of a camera and I hang on to it for no other reason than nostalgia. BUt I'm afraid that like the finest and most expensive VCR you could ever buy, now it's worth zilch.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 11:14 AM

I have to concur with previous comments. It's a shame really because I think the old 35mm cameras produced more interesting photographs.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
You're telling me - I have a medium format camera which was my pride and joy but 120 film and processing can be expensive. Still have my 35mm Minolta Dynax camera too - a bit loath to part with either of them.
Yes, processing costs.
I also have a Minolta but I went digital a few years ago. As I've said before, it took me a while to appreciate that, unlike film cameras, there is no incremental cost for each frame you take. And no 36 frame limit when you have 29GB of memory.

The issue then is how you organise them. I do it by month so currently November 2019. I then download them on to a DVD and clear the camera.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top