Join for free
Reply
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Floydy's Avatar
Floydy
Chatterbox
Floydy is offline
Hull, UK
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 9,689
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
11-02-2019, 11:34 PM
11

Re: The take off of sport fashion

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Bovver boots mate.
Slade wear 'em.
Reply With Quote
spitfire
Chatterbox
spitfire is offline
Warwickshire
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 19,396
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
11-02-2019, 11:34 PM
12

Re: The take off of sport fashion

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Ha!
There's only one winner here..
That is the way of the world, unfortunately.
Reply With Quote
Longdogs's Avatar
Longdogs
Chatterbox
Longdogs is online now
England
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 26,030
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
11-02-2019, 11:35 PM
13

Re: The take off of sport fashion

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
That takes some doing, is the lid open.
It is now!
Reply With Quote
Rhian's Avatar
Rhian
Chatterbox
Rhian is offline
North Wales
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 8,702
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
11-02-2019, 11:42 PM
14

Re: The take off of sport fashion

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Ha!
There's only one winner here..
I meant Mrs LDs!
Reply With Quote
Artangel's Avatar
Artangel
Chatterbox
Artangel is offline
UK
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 12,658
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
12-02-2019, 01:00 AM
15

Re: The take off of sport fashion

My daughter who is running in this yearís London Marathon has so many items of flashy sportswear. It must cost a fortune!
In preparation for the Marathon, she runs most evenings and ran 11 miles on Saturday with only flimsy sportswear on.
I do worry about her as it seems so much running at the moment and in the freezing cold.
Reply With Quote
Floydy's Avatar
Floydy
Chatterbox
Floydy is offline
Hull, UK
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 9,689
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
12-02-2019, 01:16 AM
16

Re: The take off of sport fashion

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
My daughter who is running in this yearís London Marathon has so many items of flashy sportswear. It must cost a fortune!
In preparation for the Marathon, she runs most evenings and ran 11 miles on Saturday with only flimsy sportswear on.
I do worry about her as it seems so much running at the moment and in the freezing cold.
Good luck to your daughter, Art Has she run a marathon before?
Quite honestly though, the sportswear these days caters for all sorts of temperatures. It's big business.
I must admit I spend quite a lot of money on the right sports clothing. Although I don't parade around the gym like it's a catwalk like some of the posers do. Sportswear is for practical use unless you're famous and get paid £5000 every time you wear a Bennetton cap in an interview!
Reply With Quote
Artangel's Avatar
Artangel
Chatterbox
Artangel is offline
UK
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 12,658
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
12-02-2019, 01:22 AM
17

Re: The take off of sport fashion

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Good luck to your daughter, Art Has she run a marathon before?
Quite honestly though, the sportswear these days caters for all sorts of temperatures. It's big business.
I must admit I spend quite a lot of money on the right sports clothing. Although I don't parade around the gym like it's a catwalk like some of the posers do. Sportswear is for practical use unless you're famous and get paid £5000 every time you wear a Bennetton cap in an interview!
Floydy, She has done lots of half marathons and got medals but itís her first time doing the London Marathon, as itís not easy to get in.
Then, thereís the various pairs of trainers for the different types of running or exercise.
Reply With Quote
Floydy's Avatar
Floydy
Chatterbox
Floydy is offline
Hull, UK
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 9,689
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
12-02-2019, 01:30 AM
18

Re: The take off of sport fashion

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Floydy, She has done lots of half marathons and got medals but itís her first time doing the London Marathon, as itís not easy to get in.
Then, thereís the various pairs of trainers for the different types of running or exercise.
Good thing she's not still at home though, Art. She might want you to treat her to those trainers. They are costly.

You could maybe start a thread about your daughter and her London Marathon event nearer the time. There are a few runners on the forum who I know have completed these type of events (OldGreyFox an instant example)
Reply With Quote
Artangel's Avatar
Artangel
Chatterbox
Artangel is offline
UK
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 12,658
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
12-02-2019, 01:36 AM
19

Re: The take off of sport fashion

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Good thing she's not still at home though, Art. She might want you to treat her to those trainers. They are costly.

You could maybe start a thread about your daughter and her London Marathon event nearer the time. There are a few runners on the forum who I know have completed these type of events (OldGreyFox an instant example)
She does live with me! She lived with her ex boyfriend but they broke up and then she shared a place with her friend.
She came back to live with me as she wanted to save to buy a house!
Sheís a teacher and has a really good job but spends a lot of money on extravagances!
Reply With Quote
Floydy's Avatar
Floydy
Chatterbox
Floydy is offline
Hull, UK
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 9,689
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
12-02-2019, 02:10 AM
20

Re: The take off of sport fashion

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
She does live with me! She lived with her ex boyfriend but they broke up and then she shared a place with her friend.
She came back to live with me as she wanted to save to buy a house!
Sheís a teacher and has a really good job but spends a lot of money on extravagances!
Sounds like you're telling me off there, Art. I didn't have any idea she lived with you
Only making conversation but I'll mind my own business.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.