Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 05:29 PM

Re: Arachnophobia

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I’ve ordered from Amazon. But they are available elsewhere. And yes, I checked the blurb before hand.
Thanks, Jazzi.
Purple lizard
Somerset
Purple lizard is female 

02-09-2019, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I see, thanks PL.
With animals heightened senses it bothers me.

It's like these essential oil diffusers some people use.
You've got to know what you're doing with them, as some oils are toxic to cats and dogs, let alone pet birds.

There's a list here if anyone is interested:

https://www.rover.com/blog/essential-oils-safe-dog/#
I

Wow, thanks for that. Had no idea about essential oil dangers. I use them a lot.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Purple lizard ->
I

Wow, thanks for that. Had no idea about essential oil dangers. I use them a lot.

You're welcome.
It's interesting, isn't it.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Purple lizard ->
You can buy adjustable ones, so if you do have a dog with particularly sensitive hearing, you can tone it down.
I have very sensitive hearing - and those sonic things are painful - like dog whistles!!

Good job I don't mind spiders - at least they don't make a noise.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 03:30 PM

Just collected the box of 2 repellents from the PO, and was astonished at how small the packet was inside the envelope! They are almost the size of a plug in battery charger...weeny! Was reading the leaflet while I waited for the bus home. I will test it out with Holly here to see if either of us can tolerate it. If we can't then I will send the items back.

I will do another search of my cupboards and boxes, to see where I put the bottle of spider repellent spray. I was sure I'd left it out, having seen it only recently, but obvs I didn't.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I've not long got out of the bath and I saw a gigantic spider scurrying across my bathroom floor. I'm serious, it's legs were so long I was horrified.

I don't and won't ever kill spiders but I really don't like them, probably because they are so wick in their movements.

I screamed for my husband to come to the rescue but he's scared of spiders LOL. Anyway, my husband is my hero, he caught the spider in a big glass and between us we got the monster outside, I opened the upstairs window and he threw it out.

Some people would have killed it, I feel so happy the spider lived to see another day. Soft aren't I.

My husband seems quite pleased with himself that he didn't kill it, probably because he knows had I not been around he would have been a murderer

Do you have any spider stories to tell and are you afraid of them or not.
We have several spiders around our house. I've persuaded Marge that they do no harm and that we should leave them alone. The only thing she doesn't like is when they build webs. Fortunately, our house spiders seem to be the foraging type and not the web-building sort.

One large one in particular lives in a little hole next to our hearth. The only worry I have is that if it appears in an inappropriate moment, one of our cats will get it.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 03:46 PM

I'm terrified of Spiders. I don't know what it is, but my heart misses a beat if I see one, but I always have my two spider catchers handy for HWMO to catch them and put them outside in the garden. If they are in the bath however, once my heartbeat is back to normal, I always put a sheet of toilet paper over the edge and down onto the bath floor so the spider can climb out at it's leisure because I don't like to think of any creature trapped by a shiny surface where they cannot get out. (I'll worry where it scurries off to another time).
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I'm terrified of Spiders. I don't know what it is, but my heart misses a beat if I see one, but I always have my two spider catchers handy for HWMO to catch them and put them outside in the garden. If they are in the bath however, once my heartbeat is back to normal, I always put a sheet of toilet paper over the edge and down onto the bath floor so the spider can climb out at it's leisure because I don't like to think of any creature trapped by a shiny surface where they cannot get out. (I'll worry where it scurries off to another time).
An admirable sign of humanity SG.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
We just turn the hot tap on. Gone!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 09:37 PM

Here you go ladies, the world's biggest spider...sweet dreams heh heh heh.

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top