Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 05:43 PM

What is your preferred method for...

..fixing computer, WIFI, router problems?

Top of my list at the moment would be a 2.5lb club hammer followed by a bucket and a bag of quick setting concrete.

Much more effective than any of the so called 'Help' pages.
Purple lizard
Somerset
Purple lizard is female 

02-09-2019, 05:45 PM

Re: What is your preferred method for...

We're lucky here, we have a teenager who can fix and understand all sorts of things heehee
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Purple lizard ->
We're lucky here, we have a teenager who can fix and understand all sorts of things heehee
Can you email him/her to me please.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
..fixing computer, WIFI, router problems?

Top of my list at the moment would be a 2.5lb club hammer followed by a bucket and a bag of quick setting concrete.

Much more effective than any of the so called 'Help' pages.
Computer problems –
Have used Apple Macs since about the mid-1980s and not had any serious problems.

Wifi and router problems –
I've never really had any of those either. One time the overhead BT line was taken down in a storm making the wifi useless and I cannot get 4G indoors, only wifi. The only solution to no 4G reception seems to be move house!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

02-09-2019, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Computer problems –
Have used Apple Macs since about the mid-1980s and not had any serious problems.

Wifi and router problems –
I've never really had any of those either. One time the overhead BT line was taken down in a storm making the wifi useless and I cannot get 4G indoors, only wifi. The only solution to no 4G reception seems to be move house!
Hi Baz.

I know for a fact that I live in an area with a bad signal. What annoys me though is whenever I search the help pages it tells me that my settings are wrong or have been changed... so wtf changed them is what I want to know... it wasn't me.

Apple Macs do sound like the best deal tbh, particularly now that Win10 is in existence and was obviously designed by the Devil himself.

Purple lizard
Somerset
Purple lizard is female 

02-09-2019, 06:14 PM

Can you email him/her to me please.

Absolutely, although I suspect you'd soon want to return her
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

02-09-2019, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Purple lizard ->
Absolutely, although I suspect you'd soon want to return her
Oh dear.... OK. I shall stick with the hammer in that case.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 06:32 PM

First I ask the 10 year old in the household if she can't fix it I wander up to the village and book it into the computer doctor and he sorts it out and gives me a bill to cry over later.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 07:22 PM

A telephone call to my son in Wales and within minutes he would have everything sorted!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 08:44 PM

Hi Baz.

I know for a fact that I live in an area with a bad signal. What annoys me though is whenever I search the help pages it tells me that my settings are wrong or have been changed... so wtf changed them is what I want to know... it wasn't me.

Apple Macs do sound like the best deal tbh, particularly now that Win10 is in existence and was obviously designed by the Devil himself.

The local transmitter is just .8km from my house, it's slightly higher than this lane and the signal just goes over the tops of the houses. It used to be good but then my provider was taken over and transmitters were taken out, that's when the coverage became impossible. I contact the provider regularly and am told there is a problem with that transmitter, engineers are sent out and report back to me that there is not a problem! Due to my complaints I get a SIM only package, 500 minutes calls, free unlimited texts and 500Mb of data for £9.00 a month instead of £12.99 so that's some compensation and wifi is not too bad for calls. No point in changing to another provider as the one I have was the only one who could provide a good signal, the others had useless coverage at home as has this one now . Anywhere else it's picking up 4G without any problems at all.

Apple Macs I've always found good. One Windows laptop running Vista put me off Windows for ever, never again. The current thread on here about updates and problems experienced make me wonder how people can put up with all the hassle of being guinea pigs for Microsoft, that's how it always seems. With Apple most of their updates are for security reasons and I've never had a problem with any of them. Even now with my two Macs, both bought eight years ago, I can upgrade them free of charge to the new OS coming out this month I believe it is, I don't think anyone can complain about that for good service.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top