Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 04:48 PM

Re: Trade Disruption.

Hi

My lodgers have gone, their business shut down.

I am losing £300 a month Tax Free plus having to pay for things they did for me.

You can see what others are losing by reading the News.

It is not my problem, it is your problem.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I am losing £300 a month Tax Free plus having to pay for things they did for me.

This is not "trade disruption" Swimmy. Your post is "woe is me", I've lost £300/month, etc" - nothing more, nothing less. That's YOUR problem, not ours. What you're worrying about is the loss of £300/month in your pocket and the loss of free house repairs and people to wait on you hand and foot by the sounds of it. Besides many other businesses have gone bust just recently and not because of Brexit either.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

So you say because, as you know, we have no way of corroborating that and we all know that anybody can write anything on here.
This is related to Covid and shipping problems as you first posted too, you say?

That is what this thread you started is about, isn't it?

It does not affect me.
So far certainly, and what is more nobody else has been able to say that they have been personally affected.
So no, it is not my problem - and I'm not the one alleging any unrelated loss of a tax-dodging sum for "favours" either.
I shudder to even imagine these "favours" TBH.

Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
This is not "trade disruption" Swimmy. Your post is "woe is me", I've lost £300/month, etc" - nothing more, nothing less. That's YOUR problem, not ours. What you're worrying about is the loss of £300/month in your pocket and the loss of free house repairs and people to wait on you hand and foot by the sounds of it. Besides many other businesses have gone bust just recently and not because of Brexit either.
Don't spoil it Percy.
I'm enjoying Swimmy digging a deeper and deeper hole.
We've got as far as potential tax-dodging already; who knows how far the alleged "favours" might lead?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Don't spoil it Percy.
I'm enjoying Swimmy digging a deeper and deeper hole.
We've got as far as potential tax-dodging already; who knows how far the alleged "favours" might lead?
Soz
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 05:58 PM

Swimmy....I usually hold you in high regard. But as a landlord who declares income and pays tax accordingly, I'm appalled by your decision not to do the same.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 06:03 PM

I am sorry to butt in and before he is taken to the gallows but l am sure Swimmy has posted on here before that the money he got from the lodgers was tax free under some scheme.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

13-12-2020, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I am sorry to butt in and before he is taken to the gallows but l am sure Swimmy has posted on here before that the money he got from the lodgers was tax free under some scheme.
No problem Art, & I'm teasing - if Swimmy has done things correctly it is not necessarily tax-dodging.

(Though I am interested in the "favours". )

BUT - it has nothing whatsoever to do with why Swimmy started the thread.
Well, not unless the lodger was living in a shipping container.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 06:14 PM

In which case, all is well and I withdraw my disdain.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 06:20 PM

There is rent a room relief under I think £7.5k so £300 a week is definitely tax free if you take advantage of the relief. The value of repairs would also have to be in excess of the difference to even be considered for tax. Although I've never heard of a free service being declared. However, would you quantify it?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top