Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 06:30 PM

Re: Trade Disruption.

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
No problem Art, & I'm teasing - if Swimmy has done things correctly it is not necessarily tax-dodging.

(Though I am interested in the "favours". )

BUT - it has nothing whatsoever to do with why Swimmy started the thread.
Well, not unless the lodger was living in a shipping container.
Zaphod, Thank You.
I had to say something as Swimmy wasn’t about to clarify it.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
In which case, all is well and I withdraw my disdain.
Thank You, TrustDex
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

13-12-2020, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
There is rent a room relief under I think £7.5k so £300 a week is definitely tax free if you take advantage of the relief. The value of repairs would also have to be in excess of the difference to even be considered for tax. Although I've never heard of a free service being declared. However, would you quantify it?
Annie, l think Swimmy is about now so l wont say any more and hope he’s not annoyed with me for interfering!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 06:49 PM

Hi

It is not woe is me.

The money was Tax Free under the Government Scheme.

What we are losing is over £20k a year in the Tax they paid plus the rent and Rates they paid on their unit,

I have legacy rights for signing Export Certificates for Foodstuffs.

I am not going to be losing a penny from leaving, much the reverse, I could make a fortune,

I am not going to, just going to cover my costs to support the locals.

Voting Leave was difficult for me, I knew I would be losing friends, but it was necessary.

I know it sounds arrogant, but £300 a month is peanuts against what I could earn from leaving.

I would much rather have the companionship.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Zaphod, Thank You.
I had to say something as Swimmy wasn’t about to clarify it.
I'm pleased you did Art and thank you for doing so.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It is not woe is me.

The money was Tax Free under the Government Scheme.

What we are losing is over £20k a year in the Tax they paid plus the rent and Rates they paid on their unit,

I have legacy rights for signing Export Certificates for Foodstuffs.

I am not going to be losing a penny from leaving, much the reverse, I could make a fortune,

I am not going to, just going to cover my costs to support the locals.

Voting Leave was difficult for me, I knew I would be losing friends, but it was necessary.

I know it sounds arrogant, but £300 a month is peanuts against what I could earn from leaving.

I would much rather have the companionship.
Swimmy, I think we get that.

What I think we are not getting is that none of this really belongs here in this thread, so your comments about lodgers is off-topic.

You started this thread which is supposed to be about how port congestion is supposedly affecting us.
Or rather how it isn't, since nobody has said it is.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 09:28 PM

I'm hoping that when we finally shake Europe off, we might actually cut down on food waste. It depends on how bothered our politicians are so I won't hold my breath. It saddens me to see how much food is binned because it's not quite the right shape or it's a few hours out of date. We shall see.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top