Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 12:30 AM

Re: Summer holidays just went out with the tide

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I've gazed at that beach from the top of the Great Orme and across the mouth of the river on loads of occasions Dex, during our annual break in Llandudno... Have missed it so much this year....
You certainly seem pleased to see it.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
You certainly seem pleased to see it.
A rock and a hard place Bruce....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Wasn't Boozecruiser from that neck of the woods?
Yes he was Spitty. Rhos on Sea I believe....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

18-12-2020, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Easiest way for the Sychnant Pass is to start at Penmaenmawr, mainly because by the time you get to Conway, you'll be able to find somewhere to sit down for a well earned cuppa and some food before getting the bus or taxi back to pick up your car! Will send you a map closer to next time you get over there.

Used to walk all around the quarries as a kid. But you do need to know when and where they are blasting.

There's also a nice walk around the Jubilee path, which is the tallest mountain you see (on your left, when standing on the beach). The last part of the drive up there will test your car skills, but the view alone is highly rewarding!!

You know the lighthouse near Puffin Island? I also know of a nice place to get as close as possible to it (bit of a trek, as you need to cross over to Anglesey and drive a quarter of the way round anticlockwise), which is good for a picnic if the weather holds. Took my daughter and her friend there a few years ago, and we made a nice little fry up on a camping gas stove.
It sounds Brilliant Dex, I'll give you the heads up next time we visit. Funnily enough, the day we posted about North Wales I received a Christmas card from the Merrion in Llandudno. Our favourite hotel...I can feel a visit coming on!..
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It sounds Brilliant Dex, I'll give you the heads up next time we visit. Funnily enough, the day we posted about North Wales I received a Christmas card from the Merrion in Llandudno. Our favourite hotel...I can feel a visit coming on!..
Sounds good. To be honest, it'd be easier for us to meet up. Then we could drop your car off in Conway and I could drive you to the starting place of your walk, and show you how to get to some other places. I fancy a day out, so it'd be killing two birds with one stone. Plus, still have a distant relative to visit.

Wouldn't be hanging round your neck all day and cramping your style....just mutually convenient. Up to you, obviously

Would imagine that, realistically, we'd have been vaccinated by the time the weather picks up enough for a trip.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

18-12-2020, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Sounds good. To be honest, it'd be easier for us to meet up. Then we could drop your car off in Conway and I could drive you to the starting place of your walk, and show you how to get to some other places. I fancy a day out, so it'd be killing two birds with one stone. Plus, still have a distant relative to visit.

Wouldn't be hanging round your neck all day and cramping your style....just mutually convenient. Up to you, obviously

Would imagine that, realistically, we'd have been vaccinated by the time the weather picks up enough for a trip.
Good idea Dex, Mrs Fox will be happy going round the shops, that's if there are any left....
The year before last I climbed Snowdon while she was getting her fix of retail therapy. Excellent day out, and I gave her a wave from the top...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top