Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2020, 12:54 PM

Re: Clumsy or what?

Get better soon Carol.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2020, 01:29 PM

Oh Carol! (there's a song in there somewhere) What on earth have you done to yourself? Were you wearing Slippers? I've nearly gone all my length a few times in these old slippers, just managed to grab something at the last minute, Mrs Fox wasn't very happy...

Plenty of rest, and try to keep your feet up Carol (some hope of that with Christmas round the corner) I hope the pain isn't too bad and you are treading those moorland walks again soon. Looks like hubby will be cooking the Christmas dinner... Take care, and Slow Down!.....
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2020, 01:49 PM

Poor you Carol!
I think we all get a bit more clumsy as we get older, perhaps it is because we all think we are as capable of doing things easily as we used to!
Put your feet up and have a rest. I know your hubby is unlikely to cook Christmas dinner, but perhaps he could manage a cup of tea and a slice of cake for you.
Hope you feel better soon.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2020, 07:02 PM

Good Grief! Carol. You certainly do things in style!
Break a match in half to break the spell of ‘everything goes in threes’!

I hope your pain and wounds are easier today.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2020, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->

Clumsy or what?

Yesterday I managed to trip over my washing basket in the kitchen!! .. Good thing I'm not going to be wearing any posh frocks over Christmas! I applied the dressings myself - not very neat but kept the blood from dripping all over..

I have tripped over many things - kerbs, paving slabs, stairs etc and now a washing basket!!! Resulting in many minor injuries but also broken ribs, toes, both ankles & 1 wrist.

Are some of us predestined to be clumsy I wonder?

People always tell me to be careful but I just don't know what I'm going to trip over next.

Do we have any clumsy clogs on here?

Painful, do hope you cleaned them too.
I can trip over, but usually manage to save myself before damage is done. I note the vaccum cleaner loves twinning it's flex around my legs, no wonder I don't use it much.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2020, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Painful, do hope you cleaned them too.
I can trip over, but usually manage to save myself before damage is done. I note the vaccum cleaner loves twinning it's flex around my legs, no wonder I don't use it much.

I know what you mean about things getting under your feet Tiff. I swear my dogs toys come alive, then deliberately sit where they know I walk, so they can stick their foot out and trip me up.
I have told the dogs I am not buying anymore with squeakers either, as they nearly give me heart attack if I tread on one of those if I get up during the night.

Carol, hope your legs soon stopped the bleeding and you feel better real soon.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2020, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I know what you mean about things getting under your feet Tiff. I swear my dogs toys come alive, then deliberately sit where they know I walk, so they can stick their foot out and trip me up.
I have told the dogs I am not buying anymore with squeakers either, as they nearly give me heart attack if I tread on one of those if I get up during the night.

Carol, hope your legs soon stopped the bleeding and you feel better real soon.
I am very tempted to buy one of those cordless vacs, I already have a small hand one that cost a lot.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 12:39 AM

Thanks for your kind & sympathetic remarks everybody.

I've taken the dressings off now and though it looks a mess it's mostly superficial.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 12:51 AM

Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

18-12-2020, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Thanks for your kind & sympathetic remarks everybody.

I've taken the dressings off now and though it looks a mess it's mostly superficial.
That is good it isn't bad, but bad enough & I bet you are bruised as well.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top