Join for free
Page 8 of 11 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2020, 11:14 AM

Re: Forever Family :- check this out.

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
They are all breaking the law and acting out a form of anarchy. No different from statue topplers. There is a crossover. Are they savages too? Some are just as if not more radical in their views. Is it that those protesting who are not middle class/white repulse but hunt sabs are ok because their territory links into Jilly cooper novels.
WRONG.

The reason it is wrong is in the objective more than the action.

Are the hunt sabs savages? No, but ten points for playing the race AND class card in one go. Shame it is easily trumped in both cases
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2020, 11:27 AM

It's your perception of the objective that is the issue here. Hunt sabs, eco warriors etc have a far more organised agenda that will eventually have far more impact on the way we live. You are on their side so you don't see them as the threat.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2020, 11:40 AM

It's your perception of the objective that is the issue here. Hunt sabs, eco warriors etc have a far more organised agenda that will eventually have far more impact on the way we live. You are on their side so you don't see them as the threat.
WRONG. I'm not on "their side" at all. As for the effect hunt sabs or Animal Rights lot - precisely how are they going to have ANY impact on the way that we live?
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2020, 12:21 PM

My first big smile of the day

Call your animal a 'companion' instead of a pet: PETA chief says term is derogatory because it makes living things sound like a 'commodity' or 'decoration'
President of animal rights charity PETA calls the term 'pets' derogatory to pets
Ingrid Newkirk, of Surrey, says that animals 'are not your cheap burglar alarm'
She compared calling animals pets to the treatment of women before feminism
I shan’t pet my dog anymore, I will companion him
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2020, 01:31 PM

What about hunt saboteurs and those people who chain themselves to trees when the road diggers come in? Or those animal rights protesters who break into labs and free the animals....are they also thugs and savages? They are often middle class and very polite/well spoken in person.
Clutching at straws with your comparison. What you claim about these acts which target specific groups, is nothing like the violent and destructive protests taking part in almost every town and city. These so-called peaceful protest threaten and disrupt whole areas and communities causing widespread damage to properties, physical assaults on private individuals and the police force and wholesale destruction on a large scale.

You need to remove your blinkers and recognise these thugs for what they are - anarchists and radicals intent on destroying democracy. They couldn't achieve their aims at the ballot-box, so now they are using terror tactics to bring down the government by fulminating insurrection.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2020, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
WRONG. I'm not on "their side" at all. As for the effect hunt sabs or Animal Rights lot - precisely how are they going to have ANY impact on the way that we live?
Try wearing a mink coat near some animal rights activists and you will find out....an activist in the US attacked and attempted to stab a woman wearing what turned out to be a fake fur hat.

There's nothing wrong with being on their side, I'm just making the comparison between a cause that many have sympathies for on the one hand and another they might not understand as it's not middle class/white centred. People cherry pick causes, take sides. It's human nature.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

08-08-2020, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Clutching at straws with your comparison. What you claim about these acts which target specific groups, is nothing like the violent and destructive protests taking part in almost every town and city. These so-called peaceful protest threaten and disrupt whole areas and communities causing widespread damage to properties, physical assaults on private individuals and the police force and wholesale destruction on a large scale.

You need to remove your blinkers and recognise these thugs for what they are - anarchists and radicals intent on destroying democracy. They couldn't achieve their aims at the ballot-box, so now they are using terror tactics to bring down the government by fulminating insurrection.
Setting letter bombs to people, causing arson, vandalism and breaking and entering destroying stock, mass-poisoning food for human consumption is not anarchic and radica, violent and destructive? All part of the history of animal rights. Of course it's not splashed over the papers when it happens because it's a cuddly cause.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

08-08-2020, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
My first big smile of the day

I shan’t pet my dog anymore, I will companion him
I have often felt guilty about having a dog. Not because I read PETA but I remember a disapproving look from a vegan friend when she heard / met him as a puppy. It made me think about the situation differently. Dogs are technically like our slaves. They have no freedom and learn to love their owners because we give them everything in a gilded cage. They are bred into contorted shapes that make them suffer and kept on a leash or put in cages. The puppy breeding industry has some terrible cruelties. It's such a conceited relationship (on our part).

I'm not a big fan of PETA but they do provoke thought.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

08-08-2020, 02:18 PM

Try wearing a mink coat near some animal rights activists and you will find out....an activist in the US attacked and attempted to stab a woman wearing what turned out to be a fake fur hat.

There's nothing wrong with being on their side, I'm just making the comparison between a cause that many have sympathies for on the one hand and another they might not understand as it's not middle class/white centred. People cherry pick causes, take sides. It's human nature.
The only way that I could lay hands on a mini coat, actually a mink stole, would be to "borrow" my wife's one. Now that WOULD be hazardous to my life!

When it comes to the attacks by the savages hiding behind the Black Lives Matter nonsense what that is not a cause, it is an anti-establishment (note lower case "e") anti civilisation gathering of the tribes against their betters because they simply are incapable of achieving what we are capable of doing but they can not.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

08-08-2020, 02:21 PM

I have often felt guilty about having a dog. Not because I read PETA but I remember a disapproving look from a vegan friend when she heard / met him as a puppy. It made me think about the situation differently. Dogs are technically like our slaves. They have no freedom and learn to love their owners because we give them everything in a gilded cage. They are bred into contorted shapes that make them suffer and kept on a leash or put in cages. The puppy breeding industry has some terrible cruelties. It's such a conceited relationship (on our part).

I'm not a big fan of PETA but they do provoke thought.
Certainly. Thoughts along the lines of what a bunch of snowflake tossers unless PETA is the acronym for People Enjoying Tasty Animals.

Page 8 of 11 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top