Join for free
Page 9 of 14 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 10:12 PM

Re: Prince Philip Has Died

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
A very sad day for the Queen and indeed the nation. After over sixty years of marriage and seventy years of service, I'm sure her Maj will be devastated despite Prince Philip's recent illnesses and age, and I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't pass on the royal batton to her next in line. He was the perfect bloke to support the Queen in everything she does, and I've always considered him as important as the Queen. It would have been nice to have met him and heard what he really thought about the UK today.....I'm sure he wouldn't have pulled any punches......RIP Prince Philip......see you soon...
Well said, and I'd add that I loved his sense of humour.
I, too, tend to speak before thinking!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Well said, and I'd add that I loved his sense of humour.
I, too, tend to speak before thinking!
I agree JB, he had a wicked sense of humour....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I wonder if the Queen will step down now that she's lost her rock?

Same thought crossed my mind Judd.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I've seen some horrible things being said on social media. They are also posting mocking pictures I'm sorry I share the planet with such vile creatures.

Sadly, I think it's inevitable Queenie.
Vile, ignorant people.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 10:34 PM

I haven’t seen any at all only tributes .
Just listening about his colourful and interesting life on the TV .
He seems so bright and enthusiastic watching him give a children’s lesson on early TV was quite revealing he had huge screen presence and could have made an enthusiastic teacher .
Perhaps a somewhat impatient one !
His children at least his sons do not seem to have inherited his intelligence and drive nor his film star good looks .
Despite the traumas of his early life he was clearly born under a lucky star.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I haven’t seen any at all only tributes .
Just listening about his colourful and interesting life on the TV .
He seems so bright and enthusiastic watching him give a children’s lesson on early TV was quite revealing he had huge screen presence and could have made an enthusiastic teacher .
Perhaps a somewhat impatient one !
His children at least his sons do not seem to have inherited his intelligence and drive nor his film star good looks .
Despite the traumas of his early life he was clearly born under a lucky star.
I agree...
except for Princess Anne, of course!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 11:25 PM

Not forgetting "Ask not for whom the bell tolls..." etc and not wishing anyone any harm I don't care that much that the consort of the Queen of Australia has died.

Actually I am a bit pissed off about it because ABC Saturday AM has devoted the whole half hour program to his death rather than reviewing more important news.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 01:05 AM

I only watch the ABC and it has given HRH the Duke's death blanket coverage. BUt it's only the first day.Tomorrow it wil be back to SCOMO, COVID, Christian Porter, Indigenous issues, sexual assault, Me Too and the Federal Parliament House "quiet room"..Nevertheless. RIP Prince Philip and sincere condolences to a rather famous lady who has lost her partner of 70+ years.
reg
Manchester
reg is male  reg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 06:01 AM

The more stories that are emerging the more I'm liking Prince Philip.

One particularly nice one is at the funeral of J F K.

Jackie Kennedy couldn't find her 3 year old son and searched frantically.
She heard voices coming from a room and found him sat on a floor with all his toys and Prince Philip sat playing with him.

The Prince had found him wandering around crying and looking for his dad.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
So sad and a shock too
Surely not a shock at his great age?

Page 9 of 14 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top