Join for free
Page 15 of 17 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 >
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 03:44 PM

Re: Cats and Idiots.

Muddy, no wonder his fence won't last long with such a short gravel board.

As for solicitor fees, irritating but a few hundred now will save you more in the long run and remove any doubt from all parties concerned.

If it turns out that both of you have infringed the boundary line (who knows???), then a negotiated compromise/settlement would draw a line under the matter and remove any elephant in the room when either of you decide to sell up.

Life's too short. Get it out of the way imho.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 03:52 PM

Dexterous this is mine it’s been up nearly ten years, still solid.all round my house is like that.

On saying that, the post rotted..after 8;yrs only the one though.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	68F97903-5C8F-43EE-9046-ADC7498DEBA8.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	16293  
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
As you know solicitors charge you for taking a deep breath and it’s only a small area but I feel sick that this AH has put me in this position .

This is what he is creating about the green bit .
As most people know water and soil combine and do rot wood that is the nature of fences unless maintained on a regular basis .
Concrete gravel boards would solve the problem. If your gardens gets waterlogged could be you have heavy clay soil or a high water table.

https://www.robinsonssolicitors.com/...fence-is-mine/

Deeds will often indicate which boundary the property owner is responsible for. The documents may state it explicitly, but if they don’t then a T-mark may be used instead. If an H shaped mark is present – which will run across the boundary line – then both neighbours are equally responsible for the upkeep of the fence.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 04:14 PM

Muddy I would see my solicitor on the boundary issue if it worries you. However after selling 2 properties & a holiday home in the last year I can put your mind to rest …the days of a surveyor measuring up gardens for the buyers mortgage company or the buyer are long gone .

As for the fence rotting …that’s what they do rot … I’d treat his comments with contempt . Definitely an idiot
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Ripple ->
Muddy I would see my solicitor on the boundary issue if it worries you. However after selling 2 properties in the last year I can put your mind to rest …the days of a surveyor measuring up for the buyers mortgage company or the buyer are long gone .
Straight question Ripple - do sellers have a legal duty of responsibility to mention possible boundary disputes during the process?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Actually it might be .
When he stuck his head over the fence I felt like I would turn the hose onto his face .
However I held my cool .
Actually i was flabbergasted as we have had lousy weather here with copious rain it’s only yesterday the beds needed water. .
So it’s been wet all winter but it’s my water that’s rotting his fence on my garden
Anyway this morning I called 101 and asked for advice .
The staff woman she not police was quite sympathetic and said she would report it as anti social behaviour but at my request no action would be taken but she gave me a reference no in case of any future trouble and said it had been noted .

Meanwhile I need to melt down some candles and make a wax dolly ……..
Good move.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Straight question Ripple - do sellers have a legal duty of responsibility to mention possible boundary disputes during the process?

Absolutely YES.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 04:33 PM

https://www.propertyroad.co.uk/what-...0to%20say%20so.

There are potential legal and financial repercussions for being less than honest with a potential buyer.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

15-07-2021, 04:39 PM

Thanks for that TAT, and a special thanks to Cinders for that link.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

15-07-2021, 05:20 PM

You're welcome. TBH I did not know myself.

Page 15 of 17 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top