Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2014, 10:07 PM

Re: Panasonic Lumix TZ60.

Tiffany you are doing great, far better than I did originally. The more you get into photography the better you get and want to be. What it has taught me is to "look" at things against just seeing them,there is a difference.

Just a tip if I may. Look at things from different angles, it can make a picture.
Look at pictures all around you, be it bill boards or in magazines, not the picture itself but how it was taken, ie from the ground up -or eye level etc. Car adverts often are taken at tyre level to make it look taller-longer or to show off one element ie headlight layout or tail light forms. These can be a great free way of discovering what can be done in with angles of shots
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2014, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Tiffany you are doing great, far better than I did originally. The more you get into photography the better you get and want to be. What it has taught me is to "look" at things against just seeing them,there is a difference.

Just a tip if I may. Look at things from different angles, it can make a picture.
Look at pictures all around you, be it bill boards or in magazines, not the picture itself but how it was taken, ie from the ground up -or eye level etc. Car adverts often are taken at tyre level to make it look taller-longer or to show off one element ie headlight layout or tail light forms. These can be a great free way of discovering what can be done in with angles of shots
Thank you again. I will try different angles.
I do like taking photo's but I'm not really serious about it. I have a few friends who are really into it & have very posh cameras with long telephoto lenses.
I doubt I'd ever manage to work those. I love my TZ60 & I loved the TZ9 as well. They are both almost totally idiot proof.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2014, 12:48 AM

Tiffany

it is the nose a few inches behind the camera that makes the difference. You can have someone with thousands of pounds worth of camera gear and doesn't have a clue.

The thing about photography is it is something you enjoy and a means of keeping memories. If others like what you take, think of it as a bonus.
I have some really terrible shots I would not even show my dog, but looking at them reminds me of what happened when I took it.
I do put absolutely every photo onto DVD/CD first and onto computer second. Any photo I want to work on I always work on a copy not the original
My first camera was a Brownie 127 cost me £1 and 1 shilling over 55 years ago, they were all the rage back then

Next I got for my 21st birthday a Voitlander Vito CL 35mm camera and I thought myself the bees knees with it, looking back most photos were crap. Oh and I still have it with original box/instruction book and leather case with a Rollie electronic flashgun.

Before that I had a collapsable fan flashgun that took bulbs in a cube 4 flashes per cube, you turned the cube round to the next good bulb

On angles get a lego brick and see how many ways/positions/situations you can photograph it, you will be suprised
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2014, 11:19 AM

Did you keep every camera you owned, Realspeed? I still have my old non digital Pentax, though I doubt it would work now.

Lego I have plenty of, my daughter collects it & most seems to still be here & even though she moved out 20 years ago, she still keeps adding to it.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

25-09-2014, 11:30 AM

Didn't keep the Brownie part exchanged the Nikon D70s and the D200

At the moment I have the Nikon D800- D300- Panasonic camcorder- the Viogtlander- and also a Philips 35mm tape movie camera .
if I mentioned what goes with them it would need another forum.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

25-09-2014, 03:37 PM

Sorry Alan, we seem to have taken over this thread.
How are you getting on with the TZ60?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2014, 06:51 PM

That's OK Tiffany, I'm happy to learn from others. To answer your question, I've only taken a few practise shots so far, we haven't been anywhere to take serious photos.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

25-09-2014, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
That's OK Tiffany, I'm happy to learn from others. To answer your question, I've only taken a few practise shots so far, we haven't been anywhere to take serious photos.
Same here, I need to read the booklet of instructions again I think.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

25-09-2014, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
That is what it is all about practise, you can learn from manuals what each thing does but that is all.
If your picture doesn't come out as you would like don't scrap it before turning it into black and white. I have saved many pictures like that
it can make an ordinary picture into a dramatic one

Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

25-09-2014, 11:45 PM

I like those, very dramatic.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top