Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 12:12 PM

Pillow Talk

I was always a two pillow person. Recently, I've wakened during the night with aching neck and shoulders. I've had to take one pillow away. It's obviously wear and tear and an age thing. My two pillow days are over.

Anyone else experienced this?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 01:06 PM

Re: Pillow Talk

Same here Alice ... I only use one pillow - have done for a long time.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 01:17 PM

I just prefer the one, i hate being propped up, as you say Alice it does give you neck ache.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
I was always a two pillow person. Recently, I've wakened during the night with aching neck and shoulders. I've had to take one pillow away. It's obviously wear and tear and an age thing. My two pillow days are over.

It could be a number of things ...

1 ... your head might have lost weight (fat) thereby not sinking so low causing your head to lean forward (an outsider)

2 ... your brain might have shrunk thereby making your head lighter thereby not sinking so low causing your head to lean forward (more likely)

3 ... your bed has sunk in the middle owing to you putting on weight but the top bit where the pillows are is still rigid causing your head to lean forward (a strong contender)

4 ... you are using thicker more rigid pillows causing your head to lean forward (unlikely)

One of them must fit the bill surely?
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->

Nope
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Nope
lol glad you don't Rachel. It's a pain in the neck
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

06-02-2015, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
It could be a number of things ...

1 ... your head might have lost weight (fat) thereby not sinking so low causing your head to lean forward (an outsider)

2 ... your brain might have shrunk thereby making your head lighter thereby not sinking so low causing your head to lean forward (more likely)

3 ... your bed has sunk in the middle owing to you putting on weight but the top bit where the pillows are is still rigid causing your head to lean forward (a strong contender)

4 ... you are using thicker more rigid pillows causing your head to lean forward (unlikely)

One of them must fit the bill surely?
Thanks for all your theories MKJ. I have to admit I think it's actually wear and tear. If I turn my head from side to side I can hear a grinding noise
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 03:19 PM

I have a selection of pillows and a bolster and can be found using one to five just depends what I need to get comfortable a bad neck and shoulder make it difficult sometimes.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 03:57 PM

I have 4 pillows on My bed,3 firm ones I use for propping Me up when reading/writing or watching tv,the other's a soft feather one I sleep on...Get that Man of Yours to massage Your neck and shoulders with essential Peppermint oil before bed Alice..That should do the trick( in more ways than one) ;~)
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

06-02-2015, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by aquablue ->
I have 4 pillows on My bed,3 firm ones I use for propping Me up when reading/writing or watching tv,the other's a soft feather one I sleep on...Get that Man of Yours to massage Your neck and shoulders with essential Peppermint oil before bed Alice..That should do the trick( in more ways than one) ;~)
May, when he is here he does . I'm struggling with neck and shoulder pain at the moment and I've to brace myself during the night to move my head! It's agonising . Can see me back at the physio again.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top