Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 05:44 PM

Abusing the system

Brief but to the point: -

A simple question.

If someone apparently hurts him / herself at work and the result is an apparent injury to the knee which may then possibly require corrective surgery, do you feel that that person should immediately apply to their local council for, and receive, a coveted Blue Badge?

Smacks more than a little of pre-meditation to me but then, I'm a suspicious sod at the best of times. stevmk2
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 05:54 PM

Re: Abusing the system

Were they the type of person who wanted everything that was going in the first place Steve? Some folk are like that. Can't see nothing going by them.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
Brief but to the point: -

A simple question.

If someone apparently hurts him / herself at work and the result is an apparent injury to the knee which may then possibly require corrective surgery, do you feel that that person should immediately apply to their local council for, and receive, a coveted Blue Badge?

Smacks more than a little of pre-meditation to me but then, I'm a suspicious sod at the best of times. stevmk2
No idea what you are talking about.

I have a white badge

Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 06:11 PM

@ Bruce

Steve , they may apply But I doubt they will get it .
I looked at the form to apply and you have to fill a strict
Criteria,There are those that will play the system ,and they may just lie to get one .
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
@ Bruce
Criteria,There are those that will play the system ,and they may just lie to get one .
This person's already got it Eliza.

Bruce - a Blue Badge is indicates the Blue Badge scheme which allows people with severe walking disabilities to park in parking restricted areas.
For example, if you have a badge, you can park free and for any length of time at on-street parking meters and on-street pay and display areas.

Over here we don't begrudge genuine Blue badge holders as I'm sure that in Oz you don't either but we have a lot of abuse of this system over here. stevmk2
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
This person's already got it Eliza.

Bruce - a Blue Badge is indicates the Blue Badge scheme which allows people with severe walking disabilities to park in parking restricted areas.
For example, if you have a badge, you can park free and for any length of time at on-street parking meters and on-street pay and display areas.

Over here we don't begrudge genuine Blue badge holders as I'm sure that in Oz you don't either but we have a lot of abuse of this system over here. stevmk2
Thanks, I get it now. We have Federally issued disabled permits for cars and designated disabled parking spaces are compulsory in both public and private car parks (Over $400 fine if you park in one without a permit) they are not that easy to get, requiring an application through your doctor - I think there are short term permits for a temporary disability as well as long term ones.

They stick to your windscreen
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 06:42 PM

I did ask you a question Steve. I think you are wasting your time concentrating on Australia
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 06:51 PM

Maybe if You were LESS suspicious about other Folks and Their Lives..,You would suffer from LESS stress and depression...just saying!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
It is very difficult to get one these days, the system has been tightened up considerably due to abuse.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

06-02-2015, 06:57 PM

I used to complete the badge applications many years ago. Used to listen to all sorts of tales of woe. It doesn't work. Unless you are working the system, you won't get one if you don't fill that category.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top