Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2015, 11:49 AM

Re: Pulse rate fitness test..

Originally Posted by 2wheeler ->
Gives a chance for a few smuggies to boast about their superiority.
Yes I have the obs of an athlete. Pity I've never had the body of one
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2015, 11:52 AM

Had my rate/heart beat checked about a year ago. And yes I`m now on warfarin
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2015, 12:14 PM

Ok,I did it..got a 69..Above av'..not too bad for an almost 72 Yr old ;~)
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2015, 04:38 PM

I'm glad I read this post as it's prompted me to remember to take my Co-Enzyme Q10 tablets, which I've been forgetting again!

Trying to find a pulse is always difficult for me - doctor's have also said trying to find a vein to inject anything in my arm or get a blood sample is difficult too.

Just out of interest, I measured mine.

I seem to have a weird rhythm at the moment were I get to about the fifth beat and skip one then I'm OK.

After another few beats I miss one again.

For that reason, after trying several times I have found my resting rate to be between 78 and 82 bpm.

When I had my accident a few weeks ago my pulse was recoded as high about 30 minutes after but in the hospital the triage nurse said it was fine but didn't tell me what it actually was!

I have to take Statins and I've been taking Co-enzyme Q10 for several years too to supplement natural reductions we get in how much we actually produce but also because Statins are known to inhibit Co-enzyme Q10 production.

I'm a little bit concerned about this skipped beats - just checked and it's still the same - but the NHS site says there is no treatment for that and it is in fact, quite common!

I feel fine but I have put on a bit of weight so maybe that's all it is. stevmk2
digital granma
Co. Durham, England
digital granma is female  digital granma has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2015, 05:36 PM

Like this. I had to chuckle.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2015, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
I'm glad I read this post as it's prompted me to remember to take my Co-Enzyme Q10
Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
tablets which I've been forgetting again!
[/B]

I seem to have a weird rhythm at the moment were I get to about the fifth beat and skip one then I'm OK.

After another few beats I miss one again.

For that reason, after trying several times I have found my resting rate to be between 78 and 82 bpm.

When I had my accident a few weeks ago my pulse was recoded as high about 30 minutes after but in the hospital the triage nurse said it was fine but didn't tell me what it actually was!

I have to take Statins and I've been taking Co-enzyme Q10 for several years too to supplement natural reductions we get in how much we actually produce but also because Statins are known to inhibit Co-enzyme Q10 production.

I'm a little bit concerned about this skipped beats - just checked and it's still the same - but the NHS site says there is no treatment for that and it is in fact, quite common!

I feel fine but I have put on a bit of weight so maybe that's all it is. stevmk2
Steve, my partner gives his dog those tablets. He shortens it to Coq tablets . She's 16 so it must help in some way?

Also, I'm wondering if you are stressed at the moment, as the missed beats might be the reason?
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2015, 09:10 PM

The coq tablets ( nice name A76) are a good idea if you are taking statins.

Steve if you are having a bit of trouble finding your pulse it may be that you are not feeling every one.

I have ectopic beats which is like an extra one and sometimes a series of rapid beats but I think it's mainly down to a bit of anxiety at times.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2015, 06:53 AM

Any day that you can find any kind of pulse is a good day..
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2015, 08:31 AM

Having a low pulse rate is good, the trouble starts when you can count that pulse rate in your ears.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2015, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Anita ->
The coq tablets ( nice name A76) are a good idea if you are taking statins.
Steve if you are having a bit of trouble finding your pulse it may be that you are not feeling every one.
I have ectopic beats which is like an extra one and sometimes a series of rapid beats but I think it's mainly down to a bit of anxiety at times.
Although my doctor at the time of my first being prescribed Statins never mentioned Co-enzyme Q10 I found out later that Statins inhibit production of Co-enzyme Q10 within the body.

Dietary sources help of course but I decided to take a supplement after talking to another doctor when my Statins were changed to a lower dose as I had bad reactions to the first one.

I take just a 10mg statin per day now and I have familial hypercholesterolemia so it's not down to what I eat, but I try to avoid foods that do contain a lot of cholesterol, particularly foods that have trans fats and saturated fats in them anyway - have done for years.

You start to produce less Co-enzyme Q10 anyway as you get older so it makes sense to take a supplement in my case - I take 1 x 30mg caplet per day normally but I've been forgetting too many times lately.

At this moment I'm not suffering particularly from anxiety Anita and I wasn't when I tried to find my pulse yesterday as I wanted to check the "at rest" level.

There's always been a problem with me finding a strong pulse source in the normal places for some reason - don't know why that is and I've had doctors and nurses mention difficulty trying to find a vein to take a blood sample too.

I had an ECG about a little while ago as part of a general check up that included blood tests, cholesterol tests and chest xrays and I was told at that time that my heart was fine but recently I've felt as if my blood pressure's up a bit and my pulse too.

I may go to my doctor if it continues to worry me. stevmk2

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top