Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2015, 12:40 PM

Re: is it inevitable?

Originally Posted by Anita ->
Yes I found it got a lot worse with the menopause so I decided to stick to a set number of calories a day and it did come off.
That was the easiest bit though, I now have to stay that way to fit in the smaller jeans etc as I have got rid of the large ones.
It's a bit of a battle but I do have cravings for things !!!!!!
You have good willpower Anita. Could I have some please? . My willpower is zilch at the minute.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2015, 05:51 PM

I`m a type 2 diabetic and I`m sure that comes from years of having fun -pay back time now.

My friend is size 22 and `Traditional Build` is part of her culture.

How does one say -I like you but you know when you hug me it`s like being crushed and losing a few pounds would be good for you?
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2015, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
I`m a type 2 diabetic and I`m sure that comes from years of having fun -pay back time now.

My friend is size 22 and `Traditional Build` is part of her culture.

How does one say -I like you but you know when you hug me it`s like being crushed and losing a few pounds would be good for you?
Be positive OG. Just enjoy the cuddles. Don't hurt her.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2015, 09:15 PM

Middle age spread tends to occur around the age of 50 and is particularly more noticeable in women, this is due to the fact that when women go through menopause their hormones start to change and their oestrogen levels starts to reduce, ultimately making it much easier to store fat around the mid section..
Middle age spread also occurs in men as they age due to the fact that their testosterone levels also reduce, we also tend to become less physically active as we age and still consume the same amount and type of foods....but we can do something about it.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

11-02-2015, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Middle age spread tends to occur around the age of 50 and is particularly more noticeable in women, this is due to the fact that when women go through menopause their hormones start to change and their oestrogen levels starts to reduce, ultimately making it much easier to store fat around the mid section..
Middle age spread also occurs in men as they age due to the fact that their testosterone levels also reduce, we also tend to become less physically active as we age and still consume the same amount and type of foods....but we can do something about it.

You're right Pats. We can do something about it. It's having the willpower to get started that I'm struggling with
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2015, 12:44 AM

I think it helps not to cut anything out so you know you can still eat the things you like.
What I did was work out my calories for breakfast lunch and dinner with a few snacks. Breakfast is fruit and cereal, but I measure the amount of cereal, lunch is a small sandwich with lean ham, chicken or laughing cow cheese light,and a yoghurt or a biscuit, I had whatever I normally had for dinner but I did work out the calories roughly, I stayed away from pasta or pizza or take aways or anything with cheese or a cream sauce.
I still had a few glasses of wine and the odd chocolate biscuit.
I think what helps is that I don't really have take aways or eat out very much as they are the worse culprits.
If I felt hungry I would have an orange which is surprisingly filling, and for a quick fix a bag of nice sweets, you can satisfy a craving for something sweet or chocolately and one sweet isn't many calories.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2015, 12:48 AM

I eat a few oranges in a day to snack on ..
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

12-02-2015, 08:51 AM

[QUOTE=Eliza;609036]I eat a few oranges in a day to snack on ..[/QUOTE
That will be good for you Eliza . Plenty of vitamin C.]
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

12-02-2015, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Anita ->
I think it helps not to cut anything out so you know you can still eat the things you like.
What I did was work out my calories for breakfast lunch and dinner with a few snacks. Breakfast is fruit and cereal, but I measure the amount of cereal, lunch is a small sandwich with lean ham, chicken or laughing cow cheese light,and a yoghurt or a biscuit, I had whatever I normally had for dinner but I did work out the calories roughly, I stayed away from pasta or pizza or take aways or anything with cheese or a cream sauce.
I still had a few glasses of wine and the odd chocolate biscuit.
I think what helps is that I don't really have take aways or eat out very much as they are the worse culprits.
If I felt hungry I would have an orange which is surprisingly filling, and for a quick fix a bag of nice sweets, you can satisfy a craving for something sweet or chocolately and one sweet isn't many calories.
Sounds like a good eating plan Anita.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2015, 11:19 AM

It's inevitable We will continue to put on weight if We continue to eat food which consists mainly of sugary carbohydrates and very little nutritious protein/veg/ fruit...I find just cutting it down helps with weight loss...not easy if You're a sugarholic,but a few days without food containing any kind of sugar stops the craving..We really get all the sugar We want from fruit,but even eating too much of that can set off My sugar cravings again...exercise helps too of course.;~)

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top