Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2015, 02:32 PM

Re: Hot flushes ladies ?

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Same here Eliza, going into heated shops in the winter with thick clothes on was a nightmare .I once nearly passed out in Boots in Worcester and they were very good and gave me a chair and some water.
I must admit the heating where I work is a nightmare I keep cool as I can at night and during the day but evenings especially when I hoovering gets very uncomfortable.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2015, 04:39 PM

As I said Jen strolled through her menopause and never got pmt-but I would swap a temper tantrum to have her back. Hey ho
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2015, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
As I said Jen strolled through her menopause and never got pmt-but I would swap a temper tantrum to have her back. Hey ho
I am sure you would OG you obviously loved her very much.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2015, 05:16 PM

A neighbour stopped me a few years ago while I was walking the dogs and remarked about how energetic I was.. She said .'I used to be like you but then I entered menopause and my life was over'

What an attitude.

I entered menopause with a crash aged 44 due to a sudden shock..I dont smoke or drink and my doctor said this was my body's way of reacting..

Yes it can be annoying and I now understand cardigans where I never did before.. But I have several very pretty folding fans and dont hesitate to use them.. Moist cooling tissues can be quite helpful too just apply to the back of the neck and they really help stop the flush in its tracks..

I wont take HRT because of the health implications and the way in which its most often produced
http://writehealth.co.uk/premarin-hr...t-mares-urine/

So I just get on with it , and use it as an excuse if I forget something or cant be bothered to do something.. Try saying esp to a man 'oh dear I forgot must be my menopausal brain' Most men will blush and back off rapidly the younger the quicker the back peddle!

Its normal its natural and it happens to us all..
Its like puberty in reverse..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 09:44 AM

I guess I've been lucky too, Cass, after reading some of the other posts.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
I wont take HRT because of the health implications and the way in which its most often produced ..............

....................Its normal its natural and it happens to us all..Its like puberty in reverse
..Quite so Cass.
HRT is in the news again this morning...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-31439203

We all have to go through the menopause at some time in our lives, I understand HRT can't be taken indefinitely and just postpones it.

I have a number of health conditions now I am older which are enough to cope with , I wouldn't want the full blown menopause symptoms I had at one time affecting me now in addition to those.

Lets not forget menopause does have its good points too no more periods and for me no more migraine either..
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 10:01 AM

I was put into surgical meno a year ago. The only thing I'd say is I'm always warm in bed at night and the duvet is off/on all night. I can't say I experience flushes as such. My poor wee mum's flushes were horrendous for her
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

13-02-2015, 10:07 AM

I think my symptoms are worse now because I have been diagnosed with fibroids so my bleeding is pretty out of control and never know when I will flood - add the new hot flushes and well I will be glad when it's all over now. No periods sounds like heaven !
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I think my symptoms are worse now because I have been diagnosed with fibroids so my bleeding is pretty out of control and never know when I will flood - add the new hot flushes and well I will be glad when it's all over now. No periods sounds like heaven !
It is heaven Julie. Something less to have to think about
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2015, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by maursey ->
They never go Julie. They just get a lot better as time goes on. One of my sisters who was in her eighties still had them but only mild.
That's encouraging

I'm dealing with them now. At about 48 I started having wacky periods (very irregular with heavy bleeding) and that went on for a couple of years with the occasional hot flush, mostly at night, but nothing real troublesome. As soon as I hit 50, everything started to fall apart. Although the flushes still weren't really bothering me all that much, my blood pressure and my cholesterol went up and my anxiety got worse. Then when I turned 51 (just this past November) all hell broke loose. The flushes got worse and my periods stopped (and I hope they STAY gone). But with the flushes it's like OMG, I feel like my insides are on fire and I'll be in the middle of something (at home, work, wherever) and I'll suddenly have to drop what I'm doing and go walk outside. Even 20-degree weather feels wonderful. But it doesn't stop there... sometimes I'll go from a hot flush to a cold chill, the kind of chills you sometimes feel when you're sick with the flu. I'm either too hot or too cold, I can NOT get comfortable. There's just no happy medium right now. I'm either burning up or freezing my arse off.

Now I know why women my age drive with their car windows down in the middle of winter

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top