Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2015, 02:53 PM

What a surprise ! GP related

Went to see my GP today, was told she has left and we now have an Indian lady the receptionist hoped that was OK, I wondered why it should matter, she can come from mars if she does a good job
Anyway my appointment was 11.15am I sat down at 11.10am, the time passed I was reading my kindle, 11.30 came and went 11.45 still reading book was getting good, noon came and went, 12.10pm I got up and went to the counter and asked if I had been forgotten, oh no I was on the list could I carry on waiting ? no problem sat back down.
Finally seen at 12.30pm and found out why she was running too late, 25 minutes for my appointment and she was lovely and referred me something I thought I needed in November.

So good GPs are obviously out there as long as you can wait for them
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2015, 03:26 PM

Re: What a surprise ! GP related

My GP is always running late. He takes his time with a patient if he feels it is the right thing.

It`s not a factory running a conveyor belt.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2015, 04:02 PM

It's great that she takes the time to listen properly, the only snag is that lots of people will complain when they realise that they may very well have to wait half an hour or so after their app time. A lot of people get really angry about that and it's why a lot of GPs feel they can't go over the allocated time.

It's revealing that you were asked whether you minded the fact that she is Indian, again a lot of people obviously do.

Glad you had such a good outcome Julie.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2015, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
My GP is always running late. He takes his time with a patient if he feels it is the right thing.

It`s not a factory running a conveyor belt.
Absolutely....and a good GP is worth waiting for.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2015, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Absolutely....and a good GP is worth waiting for.
Very true - I don't mind waiting but 3 weeks is a bit much
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2015, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Very true - I don't mind waiting but 3 weeks is a bit much
It's Ok Patsy I had my kindle and my knitting I was set for the long haul
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2015, 07:21 PM

I think if you find someone who will listen and take your concerns seriously then its worth the wait..
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2015, 08:45 AM

I've been pleasantly surprised by seeing different doctors, and it didn't matter to me either. Only the practice senior partner has a somewhat pronounced accent (he looks black African) but he's ok. The black lady doctor who left was brilliant. I had an Indian locum who was rude. I had two white doctors, one of whom was useless with me, and the other used to sit with head resting on one hand! Though she was pretty good with me after the surgery.

And the Iranian lady doctor who left over a year ago, was good with me.

Yes Julie, it all depends on their knowledge and their bedside manner! That's what matters with me.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2015, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->

Yes Julie, it all depends on their knowledge and their bedside manner! That's what matters with me.
Yes, we all know they don't all have good bedside manners, which is what we want.

I phoned my surgery on Monday for an appointment. I nearly fell off my seat when I was given an appointment for Friday! The same week. Things are looking up. I think it was because I was prepared to see any doctor.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

19-02-2015, 11:07 AM

My last GP had a timer when it went off at 5 minutes you knew that was it get your coat quickly and leave because he would be calling next person in ! His bedside manner when he dealt with you couldn't be faulted his knowledge was faulty and his timing spot on.

I think the new lady will succumb in time as the receptionists were fuming at the waiting times. But while she is new she is fantastic LOL

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top