Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2015, 06:51 PM

Any clues

For the last 3 weeks I've had tingling ,and a feeling like I've been nettled,and feeling sore down my arms and legs,,short sharp stabbing pains all over also feel like ive walked into a cobweb a cross my face at times.
Ive tried Antihistamine tablet which does reduce it a little .
Theres no rash ,so what can it be ..
Dr said to leave it for another 3 weeks see if it goes away by it self..
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2015, 06:58 PM

Re: Any clues

That sounds pretty uncomfortable Eliza. My first thought was shingles but you haven't a rash.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2015, 06:59 PM

If after 2 weeks no change, definitely go back to docs
Tingling - pins and needless should not be ignored ........
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2015, 07:00 PM

Symptoms of shingles include:

•Pain that is itching, stabbing or shooting.
•Tingling feeling in or under the skin, which is red in the affected area.
•High temperature, chills, and headache.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2015, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by maursey ->
That sounds pretty uncomfortable Eliza. My first thought was shingles but you haven't a rash.
It was mine too but ive had Shingles and had the jab for it too ,..
It comes and goes in different places and different degrees , at the moment one side of my face feels burnt and sore .
I wonder if i could have shingles without the rash .
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2015, 07:39 PM

Perhaps its blood circulation problems.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2015, 08:51 PM

Eliza have you used anything different, eg washing powder, deoderant, body spray?

Hope you get to the bottom of it. Skin complaints are a pain. The fact the antihistamine helps looks a bit promising. What antihistamine are you using? Could it be a bit stronger to get rid of a maybe temporary allergy? Cetirizine helps me.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England

05-03-2015, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Myra ->
Eliza have you used anything different, eg washing powder, deoderant, body spray?

Hope you get to the bottom of it. Skin complaints are a pain. The fact the antihistamine helps looks a bit promising. What antihistamine are you using? Could it be a bit stronger to get rid of a maybe temporary allergy? Cetirizine helps me.
Im taking Cetirizine one a day,but ive taken a second one tonight .
Im thinking of going back to the chemist to get a stronger one .im not eating or using anything different,

Im also looking at whether it could be a side effect of meds im on ,or coming off ADs..
Eliza
Chatterbox
England

05-03-2015, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Perhaps its blood circulation problems.
I think ive looked up that as well as trapped nerves,some symptoms are simalar..
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2015, 05:33 AM

I had shingles once, no rash only sign was small blisters on my forehead.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top