Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 07:18 PM

Re: Who do we believe?

Originally Posted by Myra ->
I'm speechless That just is not good enough. My goodness, my docs are gods compared to that lol.
That's quite common at our surgery, often meet people in the chemists who are searching for their prescriptions so I know we are not alone.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
That's quite common at our surgery, often meet people in the chemists who are searching for their prescriptions so I know we are not alone.
That's bad I would have to say something to the Practice Manager. Our surgery is amazing and I can't believe this would go unnoticed anywhere.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
That's bad I would have to say something to the Practice Manager. Our surgery is amazing and I can't believe this would go unnoticed anywhere.
It's difficult to complain I know we should but if they want to get us off the books after we complain there is no where else to go, all the local surgeries are over their limits for numbers of patients. Cowardly of us I know but better the devil we know in this case I think.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 06:05 AM

Being Diabetic i have followed all the information i can find for years. You can guarantee that one bit of advice will soon be superseded by another that is the polar opposite.

One thing i do look out for is what does the organization producing said advice have to gain from their opinion
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 09:36 AM

Pills are just one of the scenarios where you have to stand back and look at the data, do we all agree that within this branch of world wide society anyway, we have a greater life length expectancy than 100 years ago, yet most folks are popping pills of one designation or another on a daily basis. The real trade off is long term use of medication for none life threatening disorders, it could be argued that these could cause early dispatch, or other medical disorders requiring further medication. Imo.
Boots
Dorset UK
Boots is female  Boots has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 03:57 PM

There always companies/scientists or the like keeping records of umpteen people at some stage in their lives, taking pills for goodness knows what.From that they decide whether the pills help with what they are supposed to help, or not, what the side effects are. The record how many develop some other problem which may or not be caused by or helped by whatever they are testing. It is all statistics, and if the same tests are done on a different group of people often the results are different.
Certainly some people need to take certain drugs for specific problems, but it is too easy for GPs just to put people on them. They get paid for instance for people they put on statins. I believe it is the drug companies that pay them. My view is if it ain't broke then don't try to mend it so to speak.
I am fortunate I suppose that I didn't need HRT and won't seriously consider taking any drugs for things I don't have.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 04:52 PM

I`m rather cynical about a lot of published `advice` the tail piece is usually -we need more research,ie give us more funding.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
They do have computer problems a lot, usually hand write notes to be put into the system after the consultation. Currently they have lost my husbands prescription he put in last week, it has been written and signed, they just can't find it. I went round as many local chemists on Friday as I could to see if it had been sent to one of them but no luck so far. It's like a French farce at times.
That is just not enough IMO.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Myra ->
There's a failing in your practise as everything is online and it should "warn" of a mis- prescribed drug. Sorry to hear that. You are being failed which is awful.
Yes...it's been clearly obvious for some time that Julie's surgery is a failing practice.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Boots ->
I am fortunate I suppose that I didn't need HRT and won't seriously consider taking any drugs for things I don't have.
I doubt anyone would consider taking drugs for non existent conditions.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top